Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

I Wish I Could Speak Russian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Wish I Could Speak Russian

Because then I could totally spam the boards in Russian like our new spammer is doing.

Darn.

And then you would be immediately banned, just like this one was!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I've forgotten most of the French I've learned so the best I could do is spam in Pig Latin.

ouyay avehay onway ethay igeriannay otterylay...
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        I've forgotten most of the French I've learned so the best I could do is spam in Pig Latin.

Yeah. Three years of French in Elementary school and I can only count to 7 and remember probably about 50 other words and a half dozen common phrases.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I took several years of Spanish, then when I got to high school I took one year of Latin, one year of German, and two years of Japanese, then I took three classes of Russian in college before I realized that I wouldn't be able to do that and the basic programming class I was taking at the same time. I can't remember any of those languages.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

I thought you weren't allowed to graduate elementary school without pig latin fluency. At least that's what my grandmother told me once.
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I've taken Spanish, French, Latin, and Irish Gaelic, but I can only speak English and conversational French. I remember most of my Irish pronunciation rules. I need more vocabulary and grammar practice.

Also I want to learn Russian. And Greek.

I like languages.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
              "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
              Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                I like languages.

Comment

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
                  Amen!

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                  Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

He's smirking at you short lists of dabbled languages. Last I saw, he put on some sunglasses and rode away on a motorcycle he named Vingilótë.

Comment

Well he was a linguist. I majored in history, although if I got a second degree, I might like to go for linguistics.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
                        He's smirking at you short lists of dabbled languages. Last I saw, he put on some sunglasses and rode away on a motorcycle he named Vingilótë.
                        So how many languages are you fluent in?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          So how many languages are you fluent in?
                          I speak fluent English, American, Canadian, and Pirate.

and some German.

Comment