Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

What would happen if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would happen if...

Christians got their Resurrection bodies immediately upon death and lived here on earth. Instead of all getting them at the final resurrection. :P
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

We would likely want to take our own mortal life just to obtain that immortal body. It would lead to a quick end of the moral human race. Even the lost would be in a hurry to get saved and die, just to become immortal. But then there may be some hold outs, they would want to do away with the immortals. (Compare Revelation 20:9.)
    Last edited by 37818; 01-21-2014, 01:17 AM.
    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Do away with immortals... Why am I picturing bad guys shooting at Superman? Like that would work...

Comment

I have no desire to live on this earth in a glorified body. My hope is to spend eternity WITH Christ, not hang around here forever.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Yeah living forever on a fallen world would stink big time.

Comment

Well, I have no desire to live on this earth forever in a resurrection body. But . . . if God had chosen to give us such bodies here I am sure it would not be eternally. This earth will not last forever.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Oh, I wrecked it.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                Oh, I wrecked it.
                ???

Comment

Well, it's for the best we don't have completely immortal bodies right now. Do you really want to be Clark Kent? Except with out a lot of the super powers.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                    ???
                    I don't remember what that was all about. Us old guys get a pass on stuff like that.

Comment