Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Best Christian rock bands according to the Babylon Bee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Christian rock bands according to the Babylon Bee

Usually in lists like these, there are always one or two picks that I disagree with. In this case, I fully agree with all ten picks!

https://babylonbee.com/news/top-10-g...ds-of-all-time
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Usually in lists like these, there are always one or two picks that I disagree with. In this case, I fully agree with all ten picks!

https://babylonbee.com/news/top-10-g...ds-of-all-time
    If it's a list with the best being listed as #1, then they really need to switch #3 and #8 around.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I knew a girl named Petra once.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Was she that Stryper you dated?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          My friend once saw a woman at a gas station with a license plate that read "PETRA". He asked her if she was fan of the group, and she became upset and said, "No! People are always asking that! It's my family's name!"

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Was she that Stryper you dated?
            To be fair, they were a really pretty group.

cHonvERGv2gE5nbNC7dNQB-1200-80.jpg

Comment

Yeah, still love me some Petra. Also Peta (Wilson), but that's a separate issue.

A tiny bit surprised there was no mention of Rez Band, even in the post-script. I never really liked them, but I'd at least heard of them, unlike some of those other after-thoughts.

I was always partial to a local band called "Rama." They'd meant to name it after Samuel's hang-out, but accidentally spelled it like a brand of rolling papers one of the guys had. Tom Milnes played with that band long before his "Apologetix" days.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                Yeah, still love me some Petra. Also Peta (Wilson), but that's a separate issue.

A tiny bit surprised there was no mention of Rez Band, even in the post-script. I never really liked them, but I'd at least heard of them, unlike some of those other after-thoughts.

I was always partial to a local band called "Rama." They'd meant to name it after Samuel's hang-out, but accidentally spelled it like a brand of rolling papers one of the guys had. Tom Milnes played with that band long before his "Apologetix" days.
                I like Rez Band quite a lot. They went from an acid rock sound at the beginning of their career in the 70s to bluesy metal in the 80s and 90s to straight heavy metal in the 2000s. Interesting history, too: they were part of a Christian group in Chicago that lived like the church in Acts, sharing all their resources, so they learned how to make albums on the cheap in the name of good stewardship. Their earliest studio was a garage with mattresses attached to the wall to deaden the sound, and they recorded on a borrowed four track deck, yet their production quality was always impeccable.

Comment

To be fair, they were a really pretty group.

cHonvERGv2gE5nbNC7dNQB-1200-80.jpg
                  The jawlines set the standard.

Comment

Isn't Jars of Clay a Christian band?

I really like the progressive sound, a sound that's lacking in most Christian music I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post
                      Isn't Jars of Clay a Christian band?
                      Eh, sort of. I video taped an interview with them in the early 2000s, and they made a point of saying they weren't a Christian band but just a band that happened to have Christian members. They were actively pursuing mainstream success at the time and wanted to shed the Christian label. I never really followed them, so I don't know if they ever changed their tune after bombing on secular radio.

Comment

Eh, sort of. I video taped an interview with them in the early 2000s, and they made a point of saying they weren't a Christian band but just a band that happened to have Christian members. They were actively pursuing mainstream success at the time and wanted to shed the Christian label. I never really followed them, so I don't know if they ever changed their tune after bombing on secular radio.
                        I think they may be a one hit wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post

I think they may be a one hit wonder.
                          Yes, they had one big crossover hit and then seemed to disappear afterwards.

Comment