Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Cat owners are smarter than Dog owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat owners are smarter than Dog owners

Those of us who enjoy the presence of a feline is a mark of our superior intelligence, true story folks.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...og-owners.html

So yeah, the intelligence of you mutt lovers, not a very outstanding thing.
    Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
    As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

I agree with the article - cats aren't very smart. Two of them have me at beck and call though.

On an unrelated note, I found your beer. I have a bottle, but haven't opened it yet.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Interesting thought though, I think the idea of which string depends on the cat, some are quite frankly smart enough to figure the task out. The other obstacle with cats is that they really don't believe they have to please people and thus find no reason to do anything they are not interested in. Cats have an interesting level of understanding. Mine comes when we call him, IF we have something he wants, otherwise he just looks at us when we say his name. He does not respond if we say kitty? or some other name. He only responds if we call his name.
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Ferrets are the cleverest of all.
        For Neo-Remonstration (Arminian/Remonstrant ruminations): <https://theremonstrant.blogspot.com>

Comment

Hate to break it to you, but having more schooling does not equal more intelligent

Comment

dogs have owners

cats have staff
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

cats have evil intelligence. Why else do villains always have pet cats?

Comment

i like cats, i never had one as an adult. i was about 5 when my mom had about 6 cats for a short time. I envision cats like myself, good company when you need it, sense when it should give you space, not clingy slobbering all over you, just feed it love and food once in a while, doesn't ask for much and don't kick me around.

Comment

I had cats growing up for as long as I can remember, and always as an adult until about 3 years ago when our last one died. I miss having one in the house, and I still see the last one sometimes, out of the corner of my eye.

I miss the affection, the unconditional love, the entertainment, the joy of caring for one of God's creatures in only a small way. I am fascinated by cats, large and small. I miss how almost all of my cats would know when I was sad and would come to me and give me comfort.

I do not miss the litter box, the cat fur, the throw up on the carpet. I do not miss knowing that one day I would have to make the hard/easy decision to allow my beloved kit to leave this earth due to illness. I do not miss the pain of having to make that decision and the grief that follows.

Don't care if anybody thinks I am intelligent or not, makes no difference to me. Cats are wonderful and astounding creatures, and I love them.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Andius View Post
                    Those of us who enjoy the presence of a feline is a mark of our superior intelligence, true story folks.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...og-owners.html

So yeah, the intelligence of you mutt lovers, not a very outstanding thing.
                    Yet not humble enough to be tolerant
                    "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Originally posted by princesa View Post
                      i like cats, i never had one as an adult. i was about 5 when my mom had about 6 cats for a short time. I envision cats like myself, good company when you need it, sense when it should give you space, not clingy slobbering all over you, just feed it love and food once in a while, doesn't ask for much and don't kick me around.
                      I can fix this! Just pm me a shipping address!
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        cats have evil intelligence. Why else do villains always have pet cats?

Baloney. You don't have a cat, now do you? Kinda disproves the whole thing right there.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          Baloney. You don't have a cat, now do you? Kinda disproves the whole thing right there.
                          I am not a villain. I am a pirate. We eat cats.

Comment

Those are squirrels, silly. At least you finally quit frying your parrot.

[No one tell him it's actually a stuffed toy!]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

If I didn't eat some of your cats, you would have suffocated by now. They breed like tribbles.

Comment