Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

What superpowers would you like to have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What superpowers would you like to have?

If it were possible. And, what would you do with them? Except, you can't be evil.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Right now I would want super healing, and healing for others. I hate pain, figures with my luck it would be constant.

Comment

Any limits?

Mind control would probably be at the top of the list for me, followed by energy manipulation and intangibility.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        Any limits?

Mind control would probably be at the top of the list for me, followed by energy manipulation and intangibility.
        What good could you do with mind control? Control animals?

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
          His avatar should give you a hint.

Comment

Take over the world of course. No need for conquest, just mentally manipulate all world leaders into doing the right thing. I'd also make scientists research new superpowers for me.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              Take over the world of course. No need for conquest, just mentally manipulate all world leaders into doing the right thing. I'd also make scientists research new superpowers for me.
              Aren't there ethical concerns???

Comment

You haven't dealt with DE much have you.

Comment

My son just asked me this a couple of days ago! I said I would like to be able to immerse myself and everyone else completely in the presence of God. That didn't seem to be the answer he was looking for. He would like to be able to become incredibly large and incredibly small.
                  βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                  ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                    My son just asked me this a couple of days ago! I said I would like to be able to immerse myself and everyone else completely in the presence of God. That didn't seem to be the answer he was looking for. He would like to be able to become incredibly large and incredibly small.
                    I don't think that power(the one you say you want, not your son's) would work out how you are imagining. Probably would end up a bit like this for a lot of people.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                      I don't think that power(the one you say you want, not your son's) would work out how you are imagining. Probably would end up a bit like this for a lot of people.

Precisely.
                      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Yeah, same thing that would happen if you got too close to the Sun. You would die. That's why you would need a resurrection body. Which will be immortal.

Comment

If it were possible. And, what would you do with them? Except, you can't be evil.
                          I'd like the super power of always being correct...

...Who am I kidding, I already have that super power.

Comment

How about superspeed with all the required secondary powers to make it work? And flight! And Invulnerability! Wait a sec...supergirl???

Comment

Like?

Comment