Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Biden address this Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Yes. I think. I passed out from winning rogue's bingo drinking game about two minutes in.
    Just got done reading the transcript, and can only imagine his little temper tantrums and scolding looks.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Just got done reading the transcript, and can only imagine his little temper tantrums and scolding looks.
      They also tend to clean up the transcript a bit too.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Kinda like the Book of Mormon if you take out all the "And it came to pass" phrases, it'd be a pamphlet?

If you take out all the stuttering and stammering, Joe's speech would be shorter?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Kinda like the Book of Mormon if you take out all the "And it came to pass" phrases, it'd be a pamphlet?

If you take out all the stuttering and stammering, Joe's speech would be shorter?
          You also see it in things like where he gets people's names wrong. A couple months back he referred to Shelia Jackson Lee as Shirley Jackson Lee and then twice referred to a Congresswoman by using her middle name for her last name. But when you looked at the official transcript, these errors were fixed for him.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You also see it in things like where he gets people's names wrong. A couple months back he referred to Shelia Jackson Lee as Shirley Jackson Lee and then twice referred to a Congresswoman by using her middle name for her last name. But when you looked at the official transcript, these errors were fixed for him.
            But they did the same for Trump, didn't they?

(I'll go to my room)

Comment

But they did the same for Trump, didn't they?

(I'll go to my room)
              and I'll brick the doorway shut.

Comment

and I'll brick the doorway shut.
                That actually happened to me one day!!!! (kinda)

We were doing an internet infrastructure install on the 3 floor of a hotel in Houston. We parked in the parking garage, and walked across the "sky bridge" to the floor we where we were working.
                We had brought our lunches, because this was going to be an all day install.

As we were finishing up, I asked one of our guys to start packing our stuff up and take it to our trucks. He came back in just a few minutes and said "there's no way out".
                Realizing how nutty that was, I walked him down the hall, and around the corner where the sky bridge .... WAS!!!! But is no more!!!!

They had closed off that entry, sheetrocked it, painted it, and we only found that out as we went down the elevator, across to the parking garage, up to our trucks where we saw the workers painting the "outside" part of the wall -- where we had gone in.

They were going for that "controlled access" thing where you could only come in past the receptionist on the ground floor. But it sure was puzzling at first - like the TWILIGHT ZONE!!!!

Comment

yeah he was constantly slurring his words and correcting himself as he misread the teleprompter.

Comment

yeah he was constantly slurring his words and correcting himself as he misread the teleprompter.
                    They did include a few very minor missteps like

Even as the Delta variant 19 [sic] has — COVID-19 — has been hitting this country hard

First, we have cons- — we have made considerable progress

Comment

So I watched part of it ----

Something I noticed - he had his eyes open. Usually he's doing that SQUINT like he's having a hard time reading the prompter.

Comment

So I watched part of it ----

Something I noticed - he had his eyes open. Usually he's doing that SQUINT like he's having a hard time reading the prompter.
                        after watching that speech, go on youtube and find one of his speeches when he was Vice President and compare. Both his speech and animation were considerably different than now. Back then he spoke clearly, was lively and animated in his motions, but now, he stands there like a robot, and slurs his words like a drunk.

eta: here's his acceptance speech from 2008. https://www.c-span.org/video/?280561...eptance-speech

Comment

He could go straight for the ice cream.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

after watching that speech, go on youtube and find one of his speeches when he was Vice President and compare. Both his speech and animation were considerably different than now. Back then he spoke clearly, was lively and animated in his motions, but now, he stands there like a robot, and slurs his words like a drunk.

eta: here's his acceptance speech from 2008. https://www.c-span.org/video/?280561...eptance-speech
                            You can go back just a year ago to the various debates. Old Joe was having obvious difficulties back then but nothing compared to what we see now.

Comment