Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Finding out what all the fuss is about..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding out what all the fuss is about..

received_312851070505205.jpeg
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Nothing to write home about, yes?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      Nothing to write home about, yes?
      I always figured it was just the Canadian version of Dunkin' Donuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

I always figured it was just the Canadian version of Dunkin' Donuts.
        'Cept I think it's been around longer? Does Dunkin' serve coffee?

Tim's doughnuts are pretty good, but they aren't fresh-baked anymore. They used to bake them on site, but now they get shipped in frozen. And I make better coffee at home.

Their iced cappucinos are pretty good. Unless you drink them after lunch, in which case you're awake all night.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Yes, its coffee is, well, not universally loved.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I'm always a bit amused how often after someone visits a White Kastle (or their southern clone, Krystal) and how underwhelmed they were

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Tim's doughnuts are pretty good, but they aren't fresh-baked anymore. They used to bake them on site, but now they get shipped in frozen. And I make better coffee at home.

Their iced cappucinos are pretty good. Unless you drink them after lunch, in which case you're awake all night.
              Dunkin' Donuts definitely serves their own coffee, they have huge bags of it there every time I've been.

I really miss this one donut place from when I lived in Michigan, they were so good. Haven't had any that good since I left. Just thinking about them makes me.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                I'm always a bit amused how often after someone visits a White Kastle (or their southern clone, Krystal) and how underwhelmed they were
                My mom loves White Castle for some reason. I still don't get it.

Comment

Dunkin' Donuts has been serving coffee since they opened back in the '40s. Apparently it is very popular as evidenced by the long lines at the drive through every early morning. IIRC, they even sell their brand in grocery stores and there are a bunch of imitators.

I don't know if they still make their donuts fresh on site, but it used to be a major selling point in their advertisements which featured some guy waking up at 4AM, dragging himself out of bed, showering and going to work barely awake all the time muttering "It's time to make the donuts."

Found the commercial

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

My mom loves White Castle for some reason. I still don't get it.
                    So it really isn't just some twisted plot orchestrated by those who endured a meal there do to others in order to trick them into going and thus proving the adage that misery loves company?

Comment

Dunkin' Donuts definitely serves their own coffee, they have huge bags of it there every time I've been.

I really miss this one donut place from when I lived in Michigan, they were so good. Haven't had any that good since I left. Just thinking about them makes me.
                      You can buy Timmy's coffee in stores now. There are even Tim Horton's cereals now.

https://www.postconsumerbrands.ca/br...s/tim-hortons/

It's got horribly gimmicky, and I don't like their coffee.

Where I grew up there was store called the Spudnut Shoppe. My sisters and I used to walk there and get doughnuts. They were made with a mashed potato dough, which my Mom once had a recipe for. They made them fresh, and were the best dougnuts I've ever had. They used to take the leftover ones from the day before and freeze them, and then you could go in the next day and buy 2 frozen doughnuts for a nickel. After about 10 minutes they were thawed and tasted like they were made that day.

Comment

Here's a recipe for spudnuts similar to the one my Mom had.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/idaho-spudnuts/

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

So it really isn't just some twisted plot orchestrated by those who endured a meal there do to others in order to trick them into going and thus proving the adage that misery loves company?
                          She actually enjoys those slimy "sliders". To me they are barely edible. Their chocolate milkshake isn't terrible though.

Comment

She actually enjoys those slimy "sliders". To me they are barely edible. Their chocolate milkshake isn't terrible though.
                            To me White Castle is just where the homeless and drunk people hang out since they are open very late. Their cheap food is terrible. On par with Taco Bell.

Comment

I was curious about White Castle so when we were moving cross country, we saw one in Columbia, Missouri and tried to stop there for dinner. They were understaffed and told us it was a 45 minute wait. No thanks.

I figure if I desperately want to try one of their burgers (which I don't), they sell them frozen at the grocery store anyway.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment