Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Your Favorite OLD TV Series and Why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So, Saturday morning used to be Cartoons, then Westerns.
    When I read that, I could only think of this...

...even though I've never actually watched it.
    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

A bit surprising considering you were a fan of Hanna and Barbera cartoons like the Flintstones and Jetsons

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          A bit surprising considering you were a fan of Hanna and Barbera cartoons like the Flintstones and Jetsons
          I don't think Quick Draw was on when he was a kid. Flintstones was running reruns then, so that was available to watch.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I tend to think of this when western and cartoons are mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

I tend to think of this when western and cartoons are mentioned.

If Space Cowboys are included then there is also The Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers

Two different songs

The episodes centered on Shane Gooseman and those with the villain Scarecrow were IMHBAO the best ones

Also from the 80s there was Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs and BraveStarr

Going back to more traditional Western/Cowboy cartoons, there was also the Lone Ranger cartoon that ran in the late 60s for a couple seasons

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The Beverly Hillbillies, and their infamous CEEment pond!

And, as I just stated in another thread, I believe Elly May can whoop up on Jethro Bodine.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And, as I just stated in another thread, I believe Elly May can whoop up on Jethro Bodine.
                  Little known fact:

TV was considered a (much) lower form of entertainment than movies back in the day, so when The Duke made a cameo in the episode, "The Beverly Hillbillies: The Indians Are Coming," it was a big deal. And when they asked one of the biggest movie stars of all time how he'd like to be paid, John Wayne replied, "Give me a fifth of bourbon - that'll square it."

Comment

She did. More than once IIRC.

Comment

If Space Cowboys are included then there is also The Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers

Two different songs

The episodes centered on Shane Gooseman and those with the villain Scarecrow were IMHBAO the best ones

Also from the 80s there was Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs and BraveStarr

Going back to more traditional Western/Cowboy cartoons, there was also the Lone Ranger cartoon that ran in the late 60s for a couple seasons
                      I never really saw those growing up, but definitely remembered Moo Mesa. It even had crossovers with the TMNT in several of their incarnations.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

I never really saw those growing up, but definitely remembered Moo Mesa. It even had crossovers with the TMNT in several of their incarnations.
                        Galaxy Rangers, except for the episodes centered on the space Ambassadors, was considerably more serious, focusing more on action adventure. And the villains were really villains and not clownish.

Comment

She did. More than once IIRC.

Comment

I remember Mighty Mouse, Huckleberry Hound, Heckel and Jeckel. And Thunderbirds. Worst tv puppet show ever!

I had an aunt and uncle and cousins that lived in Victoria, and we visited there often. One summer we stayed at their house and watched Popeye. I had never seen it before. Was probably 9 or 10 and we weren't able to get that where I grew up.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              I remember Mighty Mouse, Huckleberry Hound, Heckel and Jeckel. And Thunderbirds. Worst tv puppet show ever!

I had an aunt and uncle and cousins that lived in Victoria, and we visited there often. One summer we stayed at their house and watched Popeye. I had never seen it before. Was probably 9 or 10 and we weren't able to get that where I grew up.
                              What was the one where the tiny little feeble critter only had super powers when he was wearing glasses?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I forgot about Thunderbirds, it was so cheesy. It was perfect for a puppet show like that. I remember all of those as well, then there was the 60's Superman cartoon, it was decent. Hearing Thunder anything for TV shows makes me think Thundercats. Just don't mention Thundercats Roar! it's actually worse than Teen Titans Go!

Comment