Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Your Favorite OLD TV Series and Why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dallas, Falcon's Crest, Fraser, Seinfeld, Magnum, Charlie's Angels, Petrocelli, Rich Man Poor Man, Heidi (the cartoon version) Around the world in 80 days there were so many good ones.

Comment

And SKY KING!!!! (I also had a crush on Penny)
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We recently watched all of the original Magnum P.I. with Tom Selleck. Old...Andy Griffith was great and my granddaughter LOVES the show. Also, recently started watching The Dick Van Dyke show. Not as old but still a good un we watched the whole The Mentalist series.

AND also not that old but good was a British show called New Tricks. About 4 retired Met detectives hired back as consultants to tackle old cold cases. (I can't remember if that's on Hulu or Prime)
        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

We cannot forget ... what's his name ... oh right! Columbo

Comment

A good while back, when I watched the Syfy Channel (back when it was still the Sci-Fi Channel) over at my mothers (it was still unavailable where I lived), I watched a show I really enjoyed as a young'un -- Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

After it was over I actually turned to my mother and apologized for making her and my father (who had died 20 years previously) watch it. It was sooooooooooo bad. The acting. The plot. The special effects were terrible. It didn't even have the redeeming feature of being campy because it took itself very seriously.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
              We cannot forget ... what's his name ... oh right! Columbo
              Well, I guess your off the hook, because I can't quite put together.... um... oh, there IS one more thing.....
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The Rifleman!!!!

I loved the opening scene where he fires 27 shots in quick succession, then takes 3 bullets out of his shirt pocket, inserts them, then fires 27 more shots.....

I want a repeating rifle like that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Well, I guess your off the hook, because I can't quite put together.... um... oh, there IS one more thing.....
                  Liked the entire "trilogy" of characters -- Columbo, McCloud and McMillian and Wife. Hec Ramsey later joined the NBC Sunday Night Mystery Movie rotation and while the premise was good I never could get into it.

Of them all I like Columbo best.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Liked the entire "trilogy" of characters -- Columbo, McCloud and McMillian and Wife. Hec Ramsey later joined the NBC Sunday Night Mystery Movie rotation and while the premise was good I never could get into it.

Of them all I like Columbo best.
                    My wife and I STARTED to binge watch McCloud.... but it was just way too corny. They go way overboard on the "just a country fella" thing.

But, that's pretty true of a lot of the older shows --- the acting was SO hokey.

Comment

Even easier than that for The Munsters which wasn't nearly as good a show.
                      I actually prefer The Munsters, and can remember the theme better. I can remember some of The Addams Family theme though.

Comment

So, Saturday morning used to be Cartoons, then Westerns.

Gunsmoke was one of my favorites.

Comment

So, Saturday morning used to be Cartoons, then Westerns.

Gunsmoke was one of my favorites.
                          They called that "Matt Dillon" in early reruns.

Comment

They called that "Matt Dillon" in early reruns.
                            Festus was so much fun!

festus.jpg

Comment

Festus was so much fun!
                              Only a Grammar Nazi would consider the Roman grammarian Sextus Pompeius Festus "fun."

Ooohhh. THAT Festus.

Yeah, he was a considerable improvement on Dennis Weaver's "Chester" character as Matt Dillon's sidekick/deputy.

Comment

The LONE RANGER!!!!!

And his faithful Indian companion, Tonto ---- WOW how inappropriate that would be today!!!!

Comment