FREE COFFEE at STarbucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    My oldest daughter is always in a financial crisis -- I tell her, "You buy a $4,00 cup of coffee you can't afford, and I buy a cup of coffee from McDonalds for 50 cents, even though I can afford the $4.00 -- what's wrong with this picture"?
    I get my coffee from home. Costs ... maybe 15 cents for a pot big enough for three cups. And not only do I get to make it like I like it, I don't have to read a warning about "Caution: may be hot."

Comment

Originally posted by Outis View Post
      I get my coffee from home. Costs ... maybe 15 cents for a pot big enough for three cups. And not only do I get to make it like I like it, I don't have to read a warning about "Caution: may be hot."
      Well, yeah, at home I use the Maxwell House filter packs -- one filter pack makes 4 cups of coffee, just about perfect for home -- more than that, and it sits and gets burnt tasting. I buy the boxes of filter packs on sale at Walmart, and it ends up being about 10 cents a cup.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Well, yeah, at home I use the Maxwell House filter packs -- one filter pack makes 4 cups of coffee, just about perfect for home -- more than that, and it sits and gets burnt tasting. I buy the boxes of filter packs on sale at Walmart, and it ends up being about 10 cents a cup.
        Filter packs? Meh. I use a camp-stove style percolator, and love it.

Comment

I am - according to my true love - a coffee snob. I grind just enough beans to make one or two cups depending. I put the grounds in the base of a french press, pour on almost boiling water. Let it set for 3or 4 minutes then pour it through a filter. The beans I get from Costco.

When I have a Starbuck card I get a latte. I don't really care for the flavored coffee all that much, give me straight Sumatra.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            ... french press... get a latte.
            I never knew you was so international.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That's us old guys, international. What I get is good cowboy coffee but run through a filter to eliminate grounds.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                I am - according to my true love - a coffee snob. I grind just enough beans to make one or two cups depending. I put the grounds in the base of a french press, pour on almost boiling water. Let it set for 3or 4 minutes then pour it through a filter. The beans I get from Costco.

When I have a Starbuck card I get a latte. I don't really care for the flavored coffee all that much, give me straight Sumatra.
                What? You don't grow your own beans and roast them yourself?

PS Starbuck haters (like me) - they also have muffins and cookies which are not bad. Use your cards on those.

Comment

Only thing I buy at Starbucks is regular coffee. Everything else is overpriced. Well, a buck eight-nine is kinda pricey for coffee too, but I guess they gotta make money somehow.

Half the time I brew at home, other half I drink the freebie stuff at work (which is sorta like coffee). Wife found me this "Major Dickensons" blend that I like.
                  No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment