Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the thing that most freaked you out in your childhood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the thing that most freaked you out in your childhood?

For me, it's this
    http://local-static1.forum-files.fob...0/6641/Omg.png
    -The universe begins to look more like a great thought than a great machine.
    Sir James Jeans

-This most beautiful system (The Universe) could only proceed from the dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being.All variety of created objects which represent order and Life in the Universe could happen only by the willful reasoning of its original Creator, whom I call the Lord God.
    Sir Isaac Newton

I probably shouldn't ask, but what is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Celebrian View Post
      I probably shouldn't ask, but what is that?
      The spirit of the moon harvest from Courage the Cowardly dog
      -The universe begins to look more like a great thought than a great machine.
      Sir James Jeans

-This most beautiful system (The Universe) could only proceed from the dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being.All variety of created objects which represent order and Life in the Universe could happen only by the willful reasoning of its original Creator, whom I call the Lord God.
      Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

The whole show is generally creepy, but really funny too.

As for being freaked out as a kid, that was discussed in another thread. Don't feel the need to bring that topic here.

Comment

When I was a kid I watched this movie called "The Asphix" about this scientist who could capture this thing called an asphix that came when you died and ate your soul. Once captured you would live forever. The whole idea of something eating my soul kept me up for weeks.

I found the movie again a few years ago (on amazon prime) and watched it. It was so darn corny and idiotic I was thinking "how did that scare me as a kid?"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069738/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Comment

True story, Any time I even saw a commercial for a horror movie, I freaked out as a little girl. I would have anxious thoughts for weeks on end.
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Fire alarms.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Quantum Weirdness View Post
                The spirit of the moon harvest from Courage the Cowardly dog
                Thanks, I never did watch that show, and I'm glad now

I've avoided horror most of my life, but when I was young, my church tortured me with "A Thief in the Night" (really bad rapture movie). For a long time I would think that whenever I didn't know where my parents were, they had been raptured without me

Comment

I must have had an unusually calm childhood . . .
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    I must have had an unusually calm childhood . . .
                    We were poor -- we couldn't afford freaking out.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Celebrian View Post
                      Thanks, I never did watch that show, and I'm glad now

I've avoided horror most of my life, but when I was young, my church tortured me with "A Thief in the Night" (really bad rapture movie). For a long time I would think that whenever I didn't know where my parents were, they had been raptured without me
                      That sounds familiar.
                      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

I was scared of bears. I'm not sure that 'freaked out' is the right description, though.

Didn't stop me from reading "The Bears of Blue River", either.
                        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Seriously, in my day, we were taught that "bad things happen". When President Lincoln* was shot, for example, we were sent home from school to be with our families. No "counselors" were called in, because we were accustomed to the fact that "bad stuff happens", and families were trusted to deal with difficulties.

(That, of course, was before the "everybody gets a trophy" culture.)

*OK, I may have meant Kennedy, not Lincoln.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Seriously, in my day, we were taught that "bad things happen". When President Lincoln* was shot, for example, we were sent home from school to be with our families. No "counselors" were called in, because we were accustomed to the fact that "bad stuff happens", and families were trusted to deal with difficulties.

(That, of course, was before the "everybody gets a trophy" culture.)

*OK, I may have meant Kennedy, not Lincoln.
                            yup. I think that today's educational system is more worried about self esteem than learning.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              yup. I think that today's educational system is more worried about self esteem than learning.
                              Plus, since it's UNION run, they need excuses to have more union members -- counselors, administrators, assistant administrators, curriculum consultants....

Comment