An Island of TWebber's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Island of TWebber's

OK, so I was sitting here at work and decided that I don't want to spend my life as a wage-slave being a cog in the capitalist machine nor do I care to achieve greatness and be enamoured by little trinkets, rubbing shoulders with high-society that is oh-so-lame.

I'm looking for a few good TWebber's to help purchase land in paradise, construct our own dwellings and live happily ever after.

You down?

One thing I don't get... you've been making quite a few posts about living like the New Testament says no matter the implications. If so, it seems strange that you would want to isolate yourself from society so that fulfilling the Great Commission would be impossible.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      One thing I don't get... you've been making quite a few posts about living like the New Testament says no matter the implications. If so, it seems strange that you would want to isolate yourself from society so that fulfilling the Great Commission would be impossible.
      Oh ye of little foresight, when we eventually establish the island we could open our doors to others who likewise wish to escape the rat race and have bible studies with the new islanders whilst eating papayas, for example, and thereby fulfil our niche for the glory of God.

Comment

If this is an attempt at humor...I don't find it very funny. I find it wierd. also no
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

How do we get this going?

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
            It'll take a lot of work and planning, clearly. We'll need to organize those that are truly interested in making this a reality and then once we have a team in place, delegation of responsibilities can commence.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
              If you're going to play that kind of music on your island I think you'll have to do without my presence there.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                If you're going to play that kind of music on your island I think you'll have to do without my presence there.
                Oh you have to actually be on the island in order to understand the music. I can understand it though because I'm already on the island - in my mind.

Comment

Oh you have to actually be on the island in order to understand the music. I can understand it though because I'm already on the island - in my mind.
                  The only thing I understand is that I don't like it.

Comment

The only thing I understand is that I don't like it.
                    Says the non-islander...

Comment

Great. Another island thread.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                        Everybody bring some large rocks and a couple buckets of dirt...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Seriously guys, let's do this. I'll throw down $100,000 for starters.

Comment

Seriously guys, let's do this. I'll throw down $100,000 for starters.
                            Isn't there some remote island somewhere (preferably tropical) that's so insignificant no one has bothered to claim it already?

Comment

Isn't there some remote island somewhere (preferably tropical) that's so insignificant no one has bothered to claim it already?
                              PM me a link, and congratulations on attaining the position of island surveyor.

Comment