a s d f j k l sem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a s d f j k l sem

Yeah, because I spoke goodly Engrish in High School, I was forced to go to typing - way back when nobody dreamed that every home would have 3 computers and 14 other connected devices. Only GIRLS typed.

Hey... wait... GIRLS!!!!!

So I enjoyed being the only guy in a classroom of GIRLS, but... Mrs Fronkenschteen - she was BRUTAL on the "don't look at the keyboard" thing. And she drilled into your head "a s d f j k l sem" I was saying that in my SLEEP!

In Sunday School, the teacher would ask a Bible question, and I had to fight off the urge to answer "a s d f j k l sem".

But --- I can TYPE!

Now I just needs to lurn how to speel.

(This thread was inspired by newly joined and banned member sdfdsfdsdf)
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

asdfjkl;

In case you were wondering, those of you who never took typing...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Yeah, because I spoke goodly Engrish in High School, I was forced to go to typing - way back when nobody dreamed that every home would have 3 computers and 14 other connected devices. Only GIRLS typed.

Hey... wait... GIRLS!!!!!

So I enjoyed being the only guy in a classroom of GIRLS, but... Mrs Fronkenschteen - she was BRUTAL on the "don't look at the keyboard" thing. And she drilled into your head "a s d f j k l sem" I was saying that in my SLEEP!

In Sunday School, the teacher would ask a Bible question, and I had to fight off the urge to answer "a s d f j k l sem".

But --- I can TYPE!

Now I just needs to lurn how to speel.

(This thread was inspired by newly joined and banned member sdfdsfdsdf)
      Did the same thing. Took typing back in the 9th grade and was the only guy in the class Seems like over half of the cheerleading class was there as well smiley dirtyflirt.gif

The teacher said I was the only person who ever earned a B (barely) who only typed with two fingers.

And yes, we couldn't look down although that wouldn't help since there were no letters on the keys.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        And yes, we couldn't look down although that wouldn't help since there were no letters on the keys.
        We had letters on the keys, but after the first week, you had to slip your hands in under a hood over the keys, so you couldn't even see your hands.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And, as noted elsewhere, your "font" choice was - pica or elite.

Comment

And then there's that qwerty fellow. I tell ya, he's such a bunch of characters.
            ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
              And then there's that qwerty fellow. I tell ya, he's such a bunch of characters.
              qwerty is a bit quirky

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

yeah, I was fascinated with typing. I too took typing in 8th grade. I think there were 2 or 3 guys in the class, the rest were girls. We never had the hood thing, but the teacher would walk around observing whether you were looking at the keys or not...she might "tap" you on the head with her ruler if you were looking at the keys...
                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Ah, the home keys. On the dumb touch screen key boards on android tables one has to look! They need an added real keyboard.
                  . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

I did the same thing.

I also took a computer class in high school (back in 1976!) using a teletype and tape punch machine. I even programmed a snoopy drawing!

Comment

In mid-elementary, I learned how to program low-resolution art using Apple II BASIC. The programming was easy to figure out; what to draw with it, not so much.
                      ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        I did the same thing.

I also took a computer class in high school (back in 1976!) using a teletype and tape punch machine. I even programmed a snoopy drawing!
                        ascii-snoopy.jpg

That would'nt be it would it?
                        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Cool!
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]7460[/ATTACH]

That would'nt be it would it?
                            might have been. But I think it was Snoopy sitting on his dog house. It was 40 years ago.

Comment