Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thousands Standing Around vs. Israeli Security

I travel a lot.

I'm CONSTANTLY amazed at the thuggery and unprofessionalism of the TSA (Thousands Standing Around). Most recently, on our trip to Israel, we were astounded at the difference between the way we (senior citizens) were treated by TSA and Israeli Security.

My wife, who has Titanium knees, always gets singled out for special attention. In NYC, the woman who "handled" her was rude, loud, and seemed much too aggressive in the "pat down". That was after we waited for over 30 minutes because, at first, there was not a woman available for the screening, and a "supervisor" had to be called. I had already breezed through security, as I usually do, and was waiting patiently as my wife was confined to the examination area.

The woman groped my wife's breasts more than a few times, and talked to her like it was some cheap "women in prison" movie. At one point, I walked over to protest, and the lady pointed at me and yelled, "back up", at which point I demanded a supervisor. She yelled, "I AM a supervisor", so I walked over to one of the men and, pulling out my iphone, said, "OK, I'm recording this, and I want somebody here NOW". The woman started moving toward me, PROBABLY to confiscate my camera, when one of the male TSA guys stepped over to intervene, and told me "we already called another supervisor, sir, I'm sorry you're having trouble".

Apparently, some of the male TSA people were disgusted by her performance, and had, indeed, called another supervisor. The woman abruptly ended her "examination" of my wife, and told her she could leave. I wanted so bad to stay and battle this out, but we were in danger of missing our connection by airport shuttle to El Al's terminal. We knew that Israeli security was pretty tight, so we didn't want to waste any time.

Arriving at the Israeli checkpoint, we were quite impressed with the PLEASANT "security agents", who were polite and friendly, and never touched us, but politely asked numerous questions, obviously watching our facial expression, body language, etc. They (a man and a woman) apologized several times for the inconvenience, but I can't stress how downright pleasant they were.

When we went through Customs in Israel - same thing -- lots of questions, but always very polite and professional.

After our visit in Israel, we were coming back to the airport in Tel Aviv. Walking up to the airport, some Israeli soldiers were standing just outside the doors. There were a couple of "young military aged middle eastern" men behind us, and the soldiers barely glanced at us, stepping in front of the other men, and politely engaging them in conversation. Again, we went through Israeli security, with our "agents" appearing far more concerned that we enjoyed our visit than that we might be there to destroy the terminal.

Then back to the United States thuggish behavior of our own "security" people. What a contrast!
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 02-06-2014, 06:39 AM.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I would add that Israeli Security seemed to be trying to make it OBVIOUS that they were "profiling" because they're FAR more concerned about SAFETY than they are the Political Correctness Police.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This kind of crap is the reason we don't fly down to Florida anymore. Even with a doctor's note they still had to "pat me down", which was exceedingly painful. It was a nightmare going through there. The TSA needs to learn from the Israeli's.

Comment

The whole TSA is a joke at American airports. I can think of a dozen ways to get weapons on board a plane that they never even bother to check for. They only check for things people have already tried in the past (e.g. the "shoe thing")

Comment

Just a quick aside.... we flew to Ohio just days after after 911, and the National Guard was manning security at the airport in Austin. My granddauger, flying with us, was a small child, and had to go through the metal detector by herself. She suddenly stopped in the middle of the metal detector as she saw two soldiers in BDUs with fully automatic weapons standing at the other end of the metal detector, and I know she got scared. Suddenly, one of the soldiers handed his weapon to the other soldier, dropped to his knees, and, smiling, said, "come on, baby -- you look just like my little girl".

I thought that was real class!

Comment

I have never had a problem with TSA. I have those titanium knees and they have to do the "pat down" but the men who I have encountered have always been very polite and careful with the whole thing. No bad experiences there. I still say the terrorists have won. We can no longer travel freely in this country. And as has been pointed out Political Correctness trumps safety every time.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                I have never had a problem with TSA. I have those titanium knees and they have to do the "pat down" but the men who I have encountered have always been very polite and careful with the whole thing. No bad experiences there. I still say the terrorists have won. We can no longer travel freely in this country. And as has been pointed out Political Correctness trumps safety every time.
                You're lucky.

Comment

I haven't had a bad experience with TSA, but Israeli security is much more efficient in my experience - and I got lots of questions because I was traveling with a bunch of people I'd never met before.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    I haven't had a bad experience with TSA, but Israeli security is much more efficient in my experience - and I got lots of questions because I was traveling with a bunch of people I'd never met before.
                    Being a pig, it's no wonder. did you pop out your Geico app?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Being a pig, it's no wonder. did you pop out your Geico app?
                      He's lucky he got anywhere near an Israeli, being pork and all.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment