Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colonel Potter Would be Proud!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Colonel Potter Would be Proud!

    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/inside-t...pecial-forces/

    Source: CBSNews.com

    BRIDGEPORT, Calif. -- High in the Sierra Nevadas, U.S. forces are being trained in the art of mountain warfare on horseback. Yes, the original all-terrain vehicle is making a comeback.

    Staff Sergeant Levi Stuart has been saddling up since he was a child. Now he's an instructor at the Marine Corps Mountain Warfare Training Center.

    "The advantage of using horses and mules, they can maneuver across the battle space very quickly and unnoticed," explained Stuart. "They don't have to rely on roads or technology or vehicles to go wherever they need to go."

    © Copyright Original Source



    horsies.jpg
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  • #2
    col potter.jpg
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

    Comment


    • #3
      Oh, that Colonel.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
        Oh, that Colonel.
        I knew you were wondering.
        "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          http://www.cbsnews.com/news/inside-t...pecial-forces/

          Source: CBSNews.com

          BRIDGEPORT, Calif. -- High in the Sierra Nevadas, U.S. forces are being trained in the art of mountain warfare on horseback. Yes, the original all-terrain vehicle is making a comeback.

          Staff Sergeant Levi Stuart has been saddling up since he was a child. Now he's an instructor at the Marine Corps Mountain Warfare Training Center.

          "The advantage of using horses and mules, they can maneuver across the battle space very quickly and unnoticed," explained Stuart. "They don't have to rely on roads or technology or vehicles to go wherever they need to go."

          © Copyright Original Source



          [ATTACH=CONFIG]6745[/ATTACH]
          Not to mention is that travel on horseback is common in some areas and wouldn't be noticed whereas motorized vehicles would garner unwanted attention.

          I'm always still in trouble again

          "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Not to mention is that travel on horseback is common in some areas and wouldn't be noticed whereas motorized vehicles would garner unwanted attention.
            Yup.
            "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Yup.
              Shouldn't that be giddy-yup?


              I'm always still in trouble again

              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Shouldn't that be giddy-yup?

                Yup - but I just mowed, and a tornado is heading this way, so I'm not so giddy.
                "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  I knew you were wondering.
                  Young people today . . .
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    He'll always be Bill Gannon, to me.

                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


                    "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

                    My Personal Blog

                    My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                      He'll always be Bill Gannon, to me.
                      Especially on Fridays.
                      "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        horses take a lot of care though and aren't bullet proof.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          horses take a lot of care though and aren't bullet proof.
                          Yeah, but they're readily available locally and don't require replacement parts. And, generally, their fuel is available locally and doesn't need to be trucked in.
                          "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Yeah, but they're readily available locally and don't require replacement parts. And, generally, their fuel is available locally and doesn't need to be trucked in.
                            Not in the middle east. Unless they eat rocks.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Not in the middle east. Unless they eat rocks.
                              The point was, where our enemies use horses to get around, they are available, and already used to the mountainous region (or whatever region). Horses are amazingly adaptable.
                              "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Andius, 11-23-2020, 03:16 PM
                              13 responses
                              56 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post mikewhitney  
                              Started by Sparko, 11-10-2020, 10:14 AM
                              7 responses
                              38 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by seer, 10-29-2020, 08:46 AM
                              3 responses
                              60 views
                              2 likes
                              Last Post seer
                              by seer
                               
                              Started by Andius, 09-30-2020, 07:59 PM
                              19 responses
                              95 views
                              1 like
                              Last Post ReformedApologist  
                              Started by The Melody Maker, 04-06-2017, 10:23 PM
                              295 responses
                              58,345 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Working...
                              X