Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teallaura`s To Do List

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Teallaura`s To Do List

    Under the theory that having others expecting me to get something done I've decided to post my list. This is not an invitation to critique. If you can't play nice don`t play at all.

    1) resume for church job
    2) new flyers for water aerobics
    3) etsy posting
    4) novella post

    Yeah, it ain't ambitious but it's doable today.

    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


    "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

    My Personal Blog

    My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

  • #2
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

    Comment


    • #3
      3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Under the theory that having others expecting me to get something done I've decided to post my list. This is not an invitation to critique. If you can't play nice don`t play at all.

        1) resume for church job
        2) new flyers for water aerobics
        3) etsy posting
        4) novella post

        Yeah, it ain't ambitious but it's doable today.
        My granddaughter, Heidi, is 19, and has basically had no help from her Mommy. (Her Mommy was my problem child) I have made a "to do" list for her, and promised I will bug her to keep on it. She knows I love her, and she has had fun with me "riding her case".

        I'll try not to bug you, but I will be cheering you on!
        "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

        Comment


        • #5

          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


          "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

          My Personal Blog

          My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

          Comment


          • #6
            So, how's that resume coming?





            Seriously, if you need any help with it, one of my "hats" at the gas compression company was HR Manager, and I'd be happy to look it over for you.
            "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

            Comment


            • #7


              1) resume for church job - Started
              2) new flyers for water aerobics - Working
              3) etsy posting - not done
              4) novella post - done


              Well, at least I made some progress...

              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


              "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

              My Personal Blog

              My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                So, how's that resume coming?





                Seriously, if you need any help with it, one of my "hats" at the gas compression company was HR Manager, and I'd be happy to look it over for you.
                I'll take you up on that - I HATE resumes and I stink at them.

                I am using a resume builder and it took a while to get all set up - but at least that part is done. Now I'm on 'Summary'...

                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


                "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

                My Personal Blog

                My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  I'll take you up on that - I HATE resumes and I stink at them.

                  I am using a resume builder and it took a while to get all set up - but at least that part is done. Now I'm on 'Summary'...
                  What's tough is that a "good resume" depends on who you talk to... more and more, I'm hearing that a resume should be ONE PAGE, with additional pages for supporting information, but most hiring managers are pretty busy, and they need to see a quick overview with something that stands out to get their attention.
                  "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    What's tough is that a "good resume" depends on who you talk to... more and more, I'm hearing that a resume should be ONE PAGE, with additional pages for supporting information, but most hiring managers are pretty busy, and they need to see a quick overview with something that stands out to get their attention.
                    I'd really rather just fill out applications - it tells me what you want so I can tell you if I have it or not. Less guess work all around...

                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


                    "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

                    My Personal Blog

                    My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                      I'd really rather just fill out applications - it tells me what you want so I can tell you if I have it or not. Less guess work all around...
                      Yeah, and some of the online applications let you post your resume by uploading it, and/or populating the application with info from your resume.

                      I'd rather have a root canal without anesthesia than fill out a job application.
                      "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Yeah, and some of the online applications let you post your resume by uploading it, and/or populating the application with info from your resume.

                        I'd rather have a root canal without anesthesia than fill out a job application.
                        I think job applications are easier than anesthesia free root canals... but not by a lot...

                        Moved to another builder - realized the first one was the one I have to pay for the resume to print it.

                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


                        "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

                        My Personal Blog

                        My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          1) resume for church job - Started twice now...
                          2) new flyers for water aerobics - Working. Copied to FD for printing tomorrow.
                          3) etsy posting - not done
                          4) novella post - done

                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


                          "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

                          My Personal Blog

                          My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Today's List
                            1) Finish resume
                            2) Etsy posting
                            3) Finish and hang flyers
                            4) submit job application
                            5) Novella post

                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


                            "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

                            My Personal Blog

                            My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              1) Finish resume - working
                              2) Etsy posting - forwarded domain!
                              3) Finish and hang flyers - forgot the library closed at 3
                              4) submit job application
                              5) Novella post

                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


                              "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

                              My Personal Blog

                              My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Andius, 11-23-2020, 03:16 PM
                              29 responses
                              97 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by Sparko, 11-10-2020, 10:14 AM
                              7 responses
                              39 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by seer, 10-29-2020, 08:46 AM
                              3 responses
                              60 views
                              2 likes
                              Last Post seer
                              by seer
                               
                              Started by Andius, 09-30-2020, 07:59 PM
                              19 responses
                              95 views
                              1 like
                              Last Post ReformedApologist  
                              Started by The Melody Maker, 04-06-2017, 10:23 PM
                              295 responses
                              58,345 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Working...
                              X