My Sissy Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Sissy Horn

My Mercury Mountaineer is still doing great - now 280,000 miles plus, still runs great and looks pretty new when cleaned up.

HOWEVER, whenever I honk my horn "in anger", it emits a sick sissy weak beeeeeeeep that is quite embarrassing. ANY OTHER TIME, it's a good solid manly HONK. My wife laughs at me.... it's gotten to be quite a thing. She has seen a number of times when this has happened, and she thinks it's hilarious.

I'm trying to figure out what I do differently - I have tried simulating "an angry beep", but it always works fine EXCEPT when I'm actually angry at somebody for doing something stupid, and I want to let them know I'm hacked.

There must be a anger sensificaiton / disgrontification circuit in the vehicle.

Advice?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    My Mercury Mountaineer is still doing great - now 280,000 miles plus, still runs great and looks pretty new when cleaned up.

HOWEVER, whenever I honk my horn "in anger", it emits a sick sissy weak beeeeeeeep that is quite embarrassing. ANY OTHER TIME, it's a good solid manly HONK. My wife laughs at me.... it's gotten to be quite a thing. She has seen a number of times when this has happened, and she thinks it's hilarious.

I'm trying to figure out what I do differently - I have tried simulating "an angry beep", but it always works fine EXCEPT when I'm actually angry at somebody for doing something stupid, and I want to let them know I'm hacked.

Advice?
    Most likely, you're pushing it a bit differently and how you are hitting it is creating higher resistance and less power to the horn relay and that is causing less power to get to the horn.
    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 05-03-2015, 07:25 PM.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

That is hilarious. Does it end your anger and make you laugh or make you angrier?

Comment

Originally posted by Jude View Post
        That is hilarious. Does it end your anger and make you laugh or make you angrier?
        It's quite a tension reliever, particularly when my wife says something like, "yeah, you really told THEM!"

I have a feeling this is proof that God has a sense of humor.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Beep beep!
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

get a serious horn. Someone has to let the drivers know how bad they are doing.

Sorry. I gotta go now. Someone on the internet is wrong.

Comment

My horn is quite serious - except when I'm mad at another driver. Maybe God is trying to tell me something.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Advice?

These guys seemed to have solved the problem...

Comment

Hilarious.

Until some old man has a heart attack.......

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    Hilarious.

Until some old man has a heart attack.......
                    well then they shouldn't stand in front of trains!

Comment