Twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twitter

Does anybody see any real value in Twitter or tweeting?

I signed up for a twitter account for our Church, but it just seems like Twitter is a place for people to say some really ignorant things to a whole bunch of people.

It just seems like more gossip than news or legitimate content.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    nope.

I signed up for a twitter account for our Church, but it just seems like Twitter is a place for people to say some really ignorant things to a whole bunch of people.
    Unless you're hamster 140 characters isn't really enough to write something witty.

You've pretty much nailed it.

Comment

apparantly you can now play old DOS games on Twitter

but I couldn't get one to embed
      https://twitter.com/rogerdaryl/statu...05503459856384
      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
        nope.

Unless you're hamster 140 characters isn't really enough to write something witty.

You've pretty much nailed it.
        It just seems like every day the news tells us about somebody tweeting something really dumb or sexist or racist or crazy, there's a huge backlash, then that person has to go into damage control.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't use it, but if I did, it would be purely for video game information.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            I don't use it, but if I did, it would be purely for video game information.
            It just sounds funny to hear somebody like a high level government official say something like, "when we get more information, we'll tweet about it".

Comment

If the UK uses Twitter for royal birth announcements, it must be good for something....
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

What's the first 4 letters of Twitter? That's how I feel about it.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It just sounds funny to hear somebody like a high level government official say something like, "when we get more information, we'll tweet about it".
                  Civil Defense here in NZ uses it to keep people notified about any issues
                  http://www.civildefence.govt.nz

And GeoNet does the same for earthquakes and volcanic activity.
                  http://www.geonet.org.nz
                  https://mobile.twitter.com/geonet
                  Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                  1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                  -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                    Civil Defense here in NZ uses it to keep people notified about any issues
                    http://www.civildefence.govt.nz

And GeoNet does the same for earthquakes and volcanic activity.
                    http://www.geonet.org.nz
                    https://mobile.twitter.com/geonet
                    I would probably like that better than the "alerts" I get on my cell phone concerning bad weather - they'll scare you right out of your pants!

Comment

You should try Tumblr. It's a whole lot worse than Twitter.
                      “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

I use Twitter and find it informative. I think the trick is finding the right accounts to follow. It's like Facebook but shorter.

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
                          I use Twitter and find it informative. I think the trick is finding the right accounts to follow. It's like Facebook but shorter.
                          Finding the right accounts to "follow" on Tumblr is a difficult task. I don't think those kinds of accounts exist on Tumblr.
                          “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

I would probably like that better than the "alerts" I get on my cell phone concerning bad weather - they'll scare you right out of your pants!
                            BWHAHAHAHA.....yes! The first time I got one was when I was in the rental driving to my house in preparation for a trip. I was so startled and thought I'd broke something. Then, in front of my house, we got hammered by a desert storm so heavy I decided to wait it out. Then I made a run for it, and still got soaked. In the house, I looked at my phone to make sure it wasn't wet, and there was the alert. I was startled because I knew I had turned the phone off!
                            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I um have some old friends that did not use fb that use twitter so in that sense its worth it.
                              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                              George Bernard Shaw

Comment