Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Is this really news? My local cab service does the same thing.
    Yeah, but a cabbie is regulated, trackable, dispatched.... they have to learn to smile in English.... an Uber driver is ....

Leave a comment:

• Manwë Súlimo
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yeah, Uber is getting into the food delivery business. You can order a Big Mac and fries, and an Uber driver will deliver it to your house or business.

I don't really think I want to trust my food to somebody who I really don't know, and doesn't officially represent the food source.
    Is this really news? My local cab service does the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied
    Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
    I have a friend who is an uber driver. Actually by her account and her circle of drivers they are fairly reliable and safe.
    Confirmed: Uber drivers will spit in your Happy Meal.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Do they deliver cookies?

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I've been ordering food online at work for years through Seamlessweb.
    But you're a pig. A BAD pig.

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    Yeah, Uber is getting into the food delivery business. You can order a Big Mac and fries, and an Uber driver will deliver it to your house or business.

I don't really think I want to trust my food to somebody who I really don't know, and doesn't officially represent the food source.
    I've been ordering food online at work for years through Seamlessweb.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied

yeah it seems like Uber is one lawsuit away from the end of their business. It all sounds so hinky. And reading comments from the uber drivers, they really don't make much by the time you factor in the wear and tear on the car, constantly having to keep it clean, gas money, and whatever cut uber takes (I think 20%). Ends up something like $2/hour.

I don't think I want to risk my life as an uber driver to make $2/hour. Or as an Uber delivery boy.

Apparently Uber makes deals with different restaurants and only presents a very short menu that you can order from (which changes weekly). So you can't just send an uber driver over to your favorite restaurant to pick up your favorite meal.

Leave a comment:

• Catholicity
    replied
    I have a friend who is an uber driver. Actually by her account and her circle of drivers they are fairly reliable and safe.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    started a topic Uber Eats

Uber Eats