Uber Eats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uber Eats

Yeah, Uber is getting into the food delivery business. You can order a Big Mac and fries, and an Uber driver will deliver it to your house or business.

I don't really think I want to trust my food to somebody who I really don't know, and doesn't officially represent the food source.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I have a friend who is an uber driver. Actually by her account and her circle of drivers they are fairly reliable and safe.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Yeah, Uber is getting into the food delivery business. You can order a Big Mac and fries, and an Uber driver will deliver it to your house or business.

I don't really think I want to trust my food to somebody who I really don't know, and doesn't officially represent the food source.
      yeah it seems like Uber is one lawsuit away from the end of their business. It all sounds so hinky. And reading comments from the uber drivers, they really don't make much by the time you factor in the wear and tear on the car, constantly having to keep it clean, gas money, and whatever cut uber takes (I think 20%). Ends up something like $2/hour.

I don't think I want to risk my life as an uber driver to make $2/hour. Or as an Uber delivery boy.

Apparently Uber makes deals with different restaurants and only presents a very short menu that you can order from (which changes weekly). So you can't just send an uber driver over to your favorite restaurant to pick up your favorite meal.

Comment

I've been ordering food online at work for years through Seamlessweb.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          I've been ordering food online at work for years through Seamlessweb.
          But you're a pig. A BAD pig.

Comment

Do they deliver cookies?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
              I have a friend who is an uber driver. Actually by her account and her circle of drivers they are fairly reliable and safe.
              Confirmed: Uber drivers will spit in your Happy Meal.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Is this really news? My local cab service does the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
                  Is this really news? My local cab service does the same thing.
                  Yeah, but a cabbie is regulated, trackable, dispatched.... they have to learn to smile in English.... an Uber driver is ....

Comment