Posting vs not posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting vs not posting

I find myself frequently starting a post in some thread, getting a sentence or so in, and then just axing the whole thing because either:

1. my thought isn't fully formed, or
    2. I begin to have second thoughts about the blunt or sarcastic nature of it, or
    3. I just realize that I don't really want to involve myself in a debate on the subject.

Does this happen to anyone else? I start and then just delete a lot more posts than I actually click Submit on. Sometimes I wonder what my posting history would look like if I was more reckless (though I don't really want to find out).
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

I occasionally start a response only to reconsider and not bother posting it, and every once in a while I'll delete something after posting. I do, however, frequently edit an initial response before posting it.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I wrote an entire response in French once and then decided nah. I didn't really want to get into that.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
      "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
      Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Well, I have given this a lot of thought and this is what I ... oh never mind.

Comment

I was going to post here and then decided not to.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

With certain posters, like Tassman, or Whag, or Firstfloor, etc, I will start to get drawn into answering their posts and might even answer them once or twice, but as soon as it is clear that they are just trolling, or just are not really interested in an answer, I will just stop and not reply to them any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              With certain posters, like Tassman, or Whag, or Firstfloor, etc, I will start to get drawn into answering their posts and might even answer them once or twice, but as soon as it is clear that they are just trolling, or just are not really interested in an answer, I will just stop and not reply to them any more.
              See, I just typed out a response to you, and then deleted it without even thinking of the irony.

I'm actually surprised that my post count is as high as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                I find myself frequently starting a post in some thread, getting a sentence or so in, and then just axing the whole thing because either:

2. I begin to have second thoughts about the blunt or sarcastic nature of it, or
                3. I just realize that I don't really want to involve myself in a debate on the subject.

Does this happen to anyone else? I start and then just delete a lot more posts than I actually click Submit on. Sometimes I wonder what my posting history would look like if I was more reckless (though I don't really want to find out).
                You just described my life on TWeb to a T.

Spooky.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                  You just described my life on TWeb to a T.

Spooky.
                  Even our join dates and post counts are very similar...spooky indeed.

Comment

See, I just typed out a response to you, and then deleted it without even thinking of the irony.

I'm actually surprised that my post count is as high as it is.
                    tl;dr

Comment

tl;dr
                      At first I didn't post, and then I did.

Comment

At first I didn't post, and then I did.

Comment

Insightful.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            Insightful.
                            I am not posting here.

Comment

Yes...
                              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment