Ignoring posts of moderators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignoring posts of moderators

I wonder how difficult it would be to have a 'differential' ignore function so that I could ignore the ordinary posts of some moderators while still being able to see their posts when they are purely posting in their moderator capacity?

The vast majority of moderators I find reasonable and worthwhile reading (even though I have fundamental disagreements with all of them). There is the odd one, however, whose posts I find disturbing and unhelpful.

Yes, I know: 'toughen up', 'You could always leave', etc.

Sorry, pman. The system is set up so that no one can ignore the moderators.

I don't know if Raphael can change the setting for you or not......

And I don't want you to leave.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Sorry, pman. The system is set up so that no one can ignore the moderators.

I don't know if Raphael can change the setting for you or not......

And I don't want you to leave.
      lol, thanks. I'm not considering it ... today. Just wondering if such a system was possible.

I tell you what, I'll meet you guys half way: I'll donate to TWeb for the cost of tweaking the system to allow this.

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
        lol, thanks. I'm not considering it ... today. Just wondering if such a system was possible.

I tell you what, I'll meet you guys half way: I'll donate to TWeb for the cost of tweaking the system to allow this.
        Yoo-hoo! Sparky and Raphael!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

You have full control of who you ignore. A moderator is not allowed to put anyone on ignore either. I personally ignore posters simply by moving past their posts. You can easily do that for my posts.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

There is always the poop deck to talk about which moderators are aggravating you
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Unfortunately it's a global setting to turn it on and off.

And while I have no problem with a generally rule abiding member such as yourself choosing to ignore a moderator, it becomes a problem with our "problem children" who we don't want to give that option to as they will find creative ways to use it (eg "I didn't see any warnings because I have all the mods on ignore").

If it's a real big problem, email one of the Greens or Reds (whoever you're most comfortable talking with) and we will see if we can come up with a resolution.
              Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
              1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
              -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Sorry, pman.

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
                  There is the odd one, however, whose posts I find disturbing and unhelpful.
                  This is about me again, isn't it? And I haven't even been here that much lately.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    You have full control of who you ignore. A moderator is not allowed to put anyone on ignore either. I personally ignore posters simply by moving past their posts. You can easily do that for my posts.
                    That's all very well for mentally 'strong' people, but for a person suffering from bipolar disorder with depressive episodes it's problematic.

Which brings us back to 'Well, you shouldn't come here then.'

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                      Unfortunately it's a global setting to turn it on and off.

And while I have no problem with a generally rule abiding member such as yourself choosing to ignore a moderator, it becomes a problem with our "problem children" who we don't want to give that option to as they will find creative ways to use it (eg "I didn't see any warnings because I have all the mods on ignore").

If it's a real big problem, email one of the Greens or Reds (whoever you're most comfortable talking with) and we will see if we can come up with a resolution.
                      Thanks for that, it was just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                        There is always the poop deck to talk about which moderators are aggravating you
                        And that works SO well ...

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          This is about me again, isn't it? And I haven't even been here that much lately.
                          It's always about you.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Oh, has CP been away? CP who?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                              A moderator is not allowed to put anyone on ignore either.
                              So when Catholicity says she put me on ignore she's actually lying?
                              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment