No announcement yet.

What I HATE about today's "news"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My worst experience with TV News was this. We were to go on in order to raise awareness for RSD, our originally scheduled time got cut short 10 minutes, and given to, wait for it, a "horse psychic".

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      My worst experience with TV News was this. We were to go on in order to raise awareness for RSD, our originally scheduled time got cut short 10 minutes, and given to, wait for it, a "horse psychic".
      well a horse that can read minds is pretty newsworthy. I saw a reality TV show about a horse that could talk, named Mr. Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        well a horse that can read minds is pretty newsworthy. I saw a reality TV show about a horse that could talk, named Mr. Ed.

Okay, that really did make me laugh. To be more clear, it was a person who claimed to read the minds of horses.

Comment

Okay, that really did make me laugh. To be more clear, it was a person who claimed to read the minds of horses.
          Yah that's nothing unusual. I can read my dog's mind. He has only a few of them:
          "I wanna go out"
          "I wanna come in" (usually about 30 seconds after the go out one)
          "Feed me"
          "Pet me"
          and "leave me alone. I am sleeping"

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            This morning's "news" on ABC-13 was plane crash info, followed immediately by "news" that Taco Bell is introducing a new menu item - the "chicken biscuit taco".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4846[/ATTACH]

Film at Eleven!!!!!
            Yet another example of the thinly veiled commercial passed off as "news"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yah that's nothing unusual. I can read my dog's mind. He has only a few of them:
              "I wanna go out"
              "I wanna come in" (usually about 30 seconds after the go out one)
              "Feed me"
              "Pet me"
              and "leave me alone. I am sleeping"
              Then why did they treat this normal thing so unusually? Especially by taking time away from something serious that many people do not know about?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                I think your video showed that they're not "anchors" - they are copy readers. I had long suspected, but that was pretty convincing. Even when they tried to add their own little twist, it was so laughable knowing they're just reading a teleprompter.
                A week or so ago I ran across a picture of a local weatherman (actually a woman) standing outside in a storm giving her report. The next picture showed her in front of a green screen with a large fan and someone spraying water at her. It was all faked.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Then why did they treat this normal thing so unusually? Especially by taking time away from something serious that many people do not know about?
                  ratings.

That's all it is about. They can get more people to watch some dumb story about someone who reads minds of horses than about a real story about a devastating disease that only affects a very small percentage of the population.

Comment

Talking equids have a history longer than Mr. Ed. Here is one that helped us win WWII

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Yet another example of the thinly veiled commercial passed off as "news"

Ya know - I hadn't thought about it this way before, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this was yet another "revenue stream" for the "news" outlet.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        A week or so ago I ran across a picture of a local weatherman (actually a woman) standing outside in a storm giving her report. The next picture showed her in front of a green screen with a large fan and someone spraying water at her. It was all faked.
                        Yeah, I've seen several instances of that that somebody would leak.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment