Your Favorite Gas Station Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favorite Gas Station Food

I started a thread on Gas Station Catfish, but sometimes, I like one of Valero's "Two Hot Dogs for Two Dollars" specials....

They have a bunch of sausage / hot dog / jalapeno dogs / stuff on them roller things, and I love to get the jalapeno dog, smother it with chopped onion, relish and Gulden's mustard, and ....

hot dog rollers.jpg

What's your favorite GAS STATION FOOD?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

QuikTrip has decent hot dogs at a reasonable price. The company goes out of their way to keep each store looking as clean as possible; otherwise, I'd generally be reluctant to eat from a gas station.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      QuikTrip has decent hot dogs at a reasonable price. The company goes out of their way to keep each store looking as clean as possible; otherwise, I'd generally be reluctant to eat from a gas station.
      A number of the gas stations I've seen that have hot food options have their entire little food preparation area TOTALLY visible to the customer - maybe for the very reason you're suggesting. Perhaps to offset that "ewww, it's a gas station", they make extra effort to be neat, clean and visible.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Wawa has a ciabatta breakfast sandwich with bacon, sausage, and cheese that I ADORE.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          Wawa has a ciabatta breakfast sandwich with bacon, sausage, and cheese that I ADORE.
          I don't know why this Ciabatta bread thing is all of a sudden so popular -- it's even the basis for the LJS Fish Ciabatta Jack sandwich I referenced in the other thread -- but it DOES seem to make a good sandwich or snack better!

Comment

I don't eat gas station food unless I am desperate. I even avoid fast food restaurants most of the time. About the only time I would eat at a gas station mart, or fast food place is if I am on a trip and there is no better place to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              I don't eat gas station food unless I am desperate. I even avoid fast food restaurants most of the time. About the only time I would eat at a gas station mart, or fast food place is if I am on a trip and there is no better place to eat.
              My wife and I drove to Ohio one Christmas to visit my Dad, and we got stuck in a really bad snowstorm south of Columbus. We ended up getting a hotel room, and were going to go out for dinner, but all of the restaurants closed early because of a big expected snowfall (was that Euclid?). We ended up eating GAS STATION food for Christmas Dinner!

But we were together.

Comment

Choco Tacos
                "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

Wild Bean Cafe (at most NZ BP petrol stations) has one of the best pepper steak pies I've found.
                  Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                  1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                  -Ben Witherington III

Comment

I don't think I have one. Coffee, maybe? I look at some of the foods but a lot of stuff I stopped eating. They may have been guilty pleasures in the past but they are a pleasure no more.

Maybe bagels.
                    No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

7/11 Taquitos.
                      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

7/11 Chili Dogs. Mmmmm!
                        "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          My wife and I drove to Ohio one Christmas to visit my Dad, and we got stuck in a really bad snowstorm south of Columbus. We ended up getting a hotel room, and were going to go out for dinner, but all of the restaurants closed early because of a big expected snowfall (was that Euclid?). We ended up eating GAS STATION food for Christmas Dinner!

But we were together.
                          The best burger I ever had was at a truck stop diner. I wish I could remember what the name of it was.
                          "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

I like unleaded the best.

Comment

I don't eat food from gas stations. I might buy a coffee. I can refill my 16 oz. travel mug at 7-11 for a buck.
                              Last edited by mossrose; 03-05-2015, 08:51 AM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment