Route 66

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Route 66

Has anybody traveled Route 66 just to travel Route 66?

I'm thinking about doing that.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Wave to my home town as you go by. Barstow, California. It was a really nice little town once upon a time.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I've been on parts of Old 66, While traveling to Oklahoma we merged onto Old 66 briefly. Its kinda neat to see such a historic highway.
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
        Wave to my home town as you go by. Barstow, California. It was a really nice little town once upon a time.
        It's still nice because I'm here. Look me up when you come by.
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
          It's still nice because I'm here. Look me up when you come by.
          It does still have few nice qualities, DB is there for one. If it was not in California I would still like to live there. And I do recommend looking up DB when you pass through.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Lightning McQueen did!
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I lived in an area where Route 66 was a major tourist thing. I've been down parts of it many times (it roughly follows the 40 freeway from Barstow, CA to Oklahoma City, OK and the 15 from Barstow to LA).

BTW if you ever want to know if somebody is from Cali... if they refer to freeways as I just did. They are likely from Cali.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                I lived in an area where Route 66 was a major tourist thing. I've been down parts of it many times (it roughly follows the 40 freeway from Barstow, CA to Oklahoma City, OK and the 15 from Barstow to LA).

BTW if you ever want to know if somebody is from Cali... if they refer to freeways as I just did. They are likely from Cali.
                Yeah, when somebody tells me they've been stuck on "the 10", I figure they're from the land of fruits and nuts.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Yeah, when somebody tells me they've been stuck on "the 10", I figure they're from the land of fruits and nuts.
                  Don't worry, everybody wishes they were.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Don't worry, everybody wishes they were.
                    Not ME!

Or, were you saying they wish they were FROM there... as in FAR from there?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Not ME!

Or, were you saying they wish they were FROM there... as in FAR from there?
                      Cali has almost everything that you can do. Now if they were to eject the entire government into the ocean... things would be perfect.
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Cali has almost everything that you can do. Now if they were to eject the entire government into the ocean... things would be perfect.
                        I took a week long Employment Law course in Newport Beach a few years ago --- the lawyers teaching the class would OFTEN remark about how "this law applies universally in the US, HOWEVER, California....." and they would kind of roll their eyes when the were explaining all that California added to restrictions or limitations or whatever.

We drove the PCH, and really enjoyed some beautiful scenery. Even stepped into the ocean at ... Huntington Beach?

Comment

I went along the coast in the Coast Starlight some years ago when I took the train up north to revisit my childhood home in Washington. It was almost like being IN the ocean .
                          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Route 66 passes less than 2 blocks from my childhood home.
                            Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

One block from mine.

Comment