Next time you can't find your phone, try this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next time you can't find your phone, try this

http://www.wheresmycellphone.com is completely free and it actually works (I tried it just now). It's a lot easier than trying to track down someone to call it for you.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

I've never misplaced a cellphone. Not once.

Probably because I refuse to own one.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You don't think they're harvesting phone numbers?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's called iCloud's Find My iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          http://www.wheresmycellphone.com is completely free and it actually works (I tried it just now). It's a lot easier than trying to track down someone to call it for you.
          Ah, and if you do not have an internet connection handy? It is easier to track down another phone to call it from.
          . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            You don't think they're harvesting phone numbers?
            I figure numbers in use are already readily available anyway
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I figure numbers in use are already readily available anyway
              "active" phone numbers are sold actively. Just like in the old days (did I say that?) email addresses were sold, and more was paid for "verified" emails, this could be --- COULD BE --- an attempt to harvest phone numbers of a specific demographic or subgroup --- people who HAVE cell phones, and are tech savvy, and may be customers for MORE technology.

I'm just skeptical of "free stuff" -- my Dad gets in trouble with this all the time - online greeting cards, free emoticons, all kinds of stuff. And he wonders why is computer is always slowing down.

I tell him --- Dad, they don't give you this stuff for FREE because they LOVE you!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah don't trust them. It's a Trap!!

Comment

Anybody have the numbers for the Whitehouse?
                  Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                  1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                  -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                    Anybody have the numbers for the Whitehouse?
                    (202) 456-1111

Let me know how it works out for you.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I've been using it for years.

And no, CP, it doesn't seem that they have given out my phone number -- but who would want to call since I keep losing my cellphone?

Comment

I have totally used that site before. Great tool.
                        Nowadays my smartphone is my web access though so that won't exactly help anymore...sigh...

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                          I've been using it for years.

And no, CP, it doesn't seem that they have given out my phone number -- but who would want to call since I keep losing my cellphone?
                          The guys who FOUND your cellphone are wondering why they keep getting these anonymous phone calls!

Comment