Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zymologist
    replied
    I worked at Fuddruckers for about a year and a half in high school and college, and I've never had an issue with eating at Fuddruckers since. Being intimately acquainted with their kitchen never bothered me--no unclean or unsafe practices to speak of.

But mileage may vary. I can easily believe that there are some restaurants out there whose kitchens I don't want to see.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Keep in mind that Kitchen Nightmares is about totally dysfunctional restaurants.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Yeah Kitchen Nightmares is pretty scary. Especially since they invite Chef Ramsey in for the show and know everything is on camera. Makes you wonder what it is like at other times.

If I notice a dirty kitchen or restaurant, I won't eat there. There is a chinese restaurant I went to once and I saw roaches on the floor, so I walked out.

Leave a comment:

• DesertBerean
    replied
    I'm messy with certain stuff...enchiladas, tosadas....hmmm....stuff like that.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
    Not being one to like working in a messy environment myself, I clean up after myself while I'm still in the middle of cooking.
    For which I am ever grateful!

Leave a comment:

• The Melody Maker
    replied
    Not being one to like working in a messy environment myself, I clean up after myself while I'm still in the middle of cooking.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Kasha's Daddy is a certified chef. He is the messiest person in the kitchen I have ever seen.

Part of the chef thing is, I think they are used to having people clean up after them.

Have you ever watched Kitchen Nightmares? Makes a person never want to eat out again...

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    started a topic Don't EVER look in the Kitchen

Don't EVER look in the Kitchen

You've maybe heard somebody say that when you talk about how good the food is at a restaurant, no?

Somebody will say, "yeah, but don't EVER look in the kitchen" - implying it's really messy or gross.

There are TWO restaurants - a BBQ place and a Mexican place - where I eat occasionally that I imagine it's like that. The food is GREAT, the staff is friendly, the atmosphere is ... well.... "shabby", and the kitchen is PROBABLY.....

I don't EVEN want to ask!