Don't EVER look in the Kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't EVER look in the Kitchen

You've maybe heard somebody say that when you talk about how good the food is at a restaurant, no?

Somebody will say, "yeah, but don't EVER look in the kitchen" - implying it's really messy or gross.

There are TWO restaurants - a BBQ place and a Mexican place - where I eat occasionally that I imagine it's like that. The food is GREAT, the staff is friendly, the atmosphere is ... well.... "shabby", and the kitchen is PROBABLY.....

I don't EVEN want to ask!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

The Girl's Daddy is a certified chef. He is the messiest person in the kitchen I have ever seen.

Part of the chef thing is, I think they are used to having people clean up after them.

Have you ever watched Kitchen Nightmares? Makes a person never want to eat out again...

Last edited by mossrose; 05-18-2022, 01:43 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Not being one to like working in a messy environment myself, I clean up after myself while I'm still in the middle of cooking.
      ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
        Not being one to like working in a messy environment myself, I clean up after myself while I'm still in the middle of cooking.
        For which I am ever grateful!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I'm messy with certain stuff...enchiladas, tosadas....hmmm....stuff like that.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Yeah Kitchen Nightmares is pretty scary. Especially since they invite Chef Ramsey in for the show and know everything is on camera. Makes you wonder what it is like at other times.

If I notice a dirty kitchen or restaurant, I won't eat there. There is a chinese restaurant I went to once and I saw roaches on the floor, so I walked out.

Comment

Keep in mind that Kitchen Nightmares is about totally dysfunctional restaurants.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I worked at Fuddruckers for about a year and a half in high school and college, and I've never had an issue with eating at Fuddruckers since. Being intimately acquainted with their kitchen never bothered me--no unclean or unsafe practices to speak of.

But mileage may vary. I can easily believe that there are some restaurants out there whose kitchens I don't want to see.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment