Ignoring Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignoring Threads

I'm the first to admit I'm not the quickest study regarding online stuff. When I come to Tweb, I search for New Posts to see what's been happening. I catch new threads and new posts to other threads that way. Thinking about the ethics of engaging with disturbed people I find I'm too often sucked into being 'amusing' on those threads started by those people, especially when I see others I respect joining in. (If Cowpoke put his head in the oven, would YOU do it too?)

Is there anyway to ignore threads that I'm going to be tempted to join against my better judgement? I know I should have the strength of will to just do that internally, but it's the attraction of the car crash. Is there a way to filter threads or do I have just to become a stronger person? (I'd hate that.)

It must kill you to see threads embarrassing your precious liberals and not having the ability to do anything about it.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      It must kill you to see threads embarrassing your precious liberals and not having the ability to do anything about it.
      Please don't post here.

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
        (If Cowpoke put his head in the oven, would YOU do it too?)
        If Cow Poke puts his head in the oven, you can rest assured there's a durn good reason!

(besides Rogue dared me)

But, no -- I know of no way to put threads on ignore.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I have a mental cross-matrix of posters and fora which I avoid as exceedingly likely to be a waste of time. I might read a thread under those conditions if I have time to waste, but generally won't post in them even so.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

We need an ignore thread feature so I can ignore dumb ideas like this one.

Comment

Why does this thread exist if nobody's posted?
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                I have a mental cross-matrix of posters and fora which I avoid as exceedingly likely to be a waste of time. I might read a thread under those conditions if I have time to waste, but generally won't post in them even so.
                Yup. There are some areas I just don't go to, and some people I just don't read, unless it is in a moderator capacity.

Took me a number of years to figure that out, though.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I am ignoring this thread.

Comment

You can minimize subfora (up arrow at the top right of a section on main page). That's what I usually do. It also helps keep me out of areas I'm not allowed to post in, since I just keep those sections minimized. If I don't see Civics, it's easier to stay out of Civics. (Yes, I've been posting there lately because I got bored.)
                    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      If Cow Poke puts his head in the oven, you can rest assured there's a durn good reason!

(besides Rogue dared me)

But, no -- I know of no way to put threads on ignore.
                      But, but... me daring you is a great reason. Remember all the fun we had daring each other to do more and more "daring" stunts? It kept everyone in stitches (both figuratively and literally). Good times.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Thanks all. I'll work on it

Comment