Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What little things make you ridiculously happy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What little things make you ridiculously happy?

There are little things in life that for whatever reason makes people ridiculously happy. They can instantly put a smile on your face or brighten your mood if you're feeling down. What are those things for you? Here's a list of mine:
    • Caramelldansen videos. I have no idea why but just watching them makes me really freaking happy. I just like seeing characters from my favorite shows and movies do this funny dance to this song.
    • Doctor Who. I recently got into this show and I love it!
    • Watching people paint or draw cool stuff. I find it relaxing as well.
    • Daddy long leg spiders. They're harmless and really cool to catch.
    • Cats.
    • Minecraft. Fans of this game know why. To outsiders, well, it's hard to explain.
    • Rare instruments. OK, so you can play guitar? What about a mountain dulcimer from Appalachia or a Chinese guqin?
    "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
    -Marcus Aurelius

I've asked myself this question before. Sadly, I couldn't come up with much. I don't have a good relationship with "happiness", but what I've longed for and still do is that inner peace in me, peace in my family. I cherish very deeply those moments at home when there is quiet contentment. A moment of happiness would be looking out of my chicken window and seeing a bluebird or a cardinal with the sun illuminating the trees. Also, when I water the plants the earthy scent it gives off literally has me closing my eyes in bliss.

Comment

Neat thread.

1) Finding new music that you REALLY love - usually happens to me on YouTube. I'm not necessarily looking for something amazing, but very occasionally I find a song or (better yet) an entire artist that I really like.
      2) The smell of new books or physical copies of video games. I smell manuals, shut up.
      3) Not sure what to call it, but I guess you can call it "poetic justice" in literature. Like the bad guy gets his comeuppance in an ironic twist. For example, in "The Silmarillion", the crown of Morgoth that he's worn for thousands of years of evil finally gets beaten down into a collar to put around his neck when he gets imprisoned.
      4) Realizing I have the day off when I have forgotten.
      5) New Kerbal Space Program videos from Scott Manley on YouTube...

Comment

Watching chickens scratch around in the dirt. Playing beekeeper. Digging in the dirt in the garden in the spring.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Sitting around a campfire.
          Hiking up a hill, and looking at the view at the top, on a sunny day.
          No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Ska. I don't like to dance at all, but ska makes my feet move.
            Successfully completing a samurai sudoku puzzle.
            Playing fetch with my cat (she loves to retrieve rubber bands).
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Finding myself "in shape" physically and being able to bike around in places that I find very different from the crowded So. Cal. area I live in. I like hilly areas, but not the mountains. The mountains are crowded with trees. I like open spaces that are dotted with oaks. It is especially happy to me in the Spring when the hills are green and orange poppies are springing up along the roadside.

Or I like the local desert here, with the rugged mountains set against an intensely blue sky. And I like it hot! Hot weather makes me happy, but not too humid. Thanks for asking.

Comment

Giving my stepdaughter a hug and kiss goodbye before leaving for work in the morning
                Drinking coffee in the morning
                Hearing rain against my window
                Winning a long, drawn out chess game
                Music; I connect with it unusually well. It's weird.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Finding a cheap game I actually want on Steam.
                  Finding games I can sell for more than I paid at a certain set of pawn shops(or finding ones I want, but are hard to find).
                  Noticing intricate details in Kingdom Hearts games that won't make sense until a later game in the series(sometimes 2 or 3 games away from the game it started in).
                  Basically, I like video games.

Oh, and talking with my friends on TWeb.

Comment

laying on my back and listening to rain on an old tin roof of an old tobacco pack house...
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

The Girl.
                      Last edited by mossrose; 05-18-2022, 03:18 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        laying on my back and listening to rain on an old tin roof of an old tobacco pack house...
                        Never been in an old tobacco pack house, but I can amen the rest of it. I was born and raised in the Mojave Desert - rain was always special. I used to drive out of town when it rained just to listen to the rain on the roof of the car. A tin roof was special.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Having ice cream and coffee with my grandson on Saturday Morning, and posting pictures of it on facebook so my daughter goes bananas.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Oh, yeah, on one of the very FEW relatively cold nights we get in Texas, staying home in my pajamas tending a nice hot fire in the fireplace, even if I have to turn the air conditioner on.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Cool thread idea. I'd have to say:

When my two-year-old daughter spontaneously gives me a hug.
                              Finding new music that I love. (I'm with Manwe on this one, but the type of music that does this for me is...well, unusual.)
                              Sitting down in the evening with a beer and a bag of popcorn. I'm a popcorn fiend.
                              Getting little stories in my work email from my wife about the latest thing my daughter did. Usually a new word she learned, or some small thing she did to help her mom. Or her just being goofy.
                              Buying a rare CD from my to-buy list.
                              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment