Life Hacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life Hacking

Does anyone have experience in life hacking? Just a brief summary before your time of dispensing advice:

1) I am a relatively young lad in my 20's - late, late 20's.

2) I have no relational responsibilities. I have no desire for marriage or kids in the future, either. I'm a ninja.

3) I have questionable health that seems to remain questionable despite trying most things under the sun.

4) I therefore have limited ability when it comes to careers. Most require time and energy that is simply often too difficult for me to muster on a consistent basis. Moreover, I think I always lacked the desire to pursue academic degrees with the aim of a high-paying career, even if I was more-or-less perfectly healthy.

5) I just quit another low-wage crappy job that are a dime a dozen because it was impacting my health to a critical point rendering me miserable. I cannot long continue on a path when I see the end result is a life of regret.

6) Despite my shoddy work history, I am debt free and have a cushion of savings. I currently live on my own, but my father is there if ever worst comes to worst. Although, his home is moldy and I would like to avoid moving back in with him.

So, I don't know where to go from here. I envision myself globetrotting with a backpack, although that can be scary if you don't know what you are doing. Maybe I just need to hop on a plane and spend some time in a nice tropical resort running up and down white sandy beaches whilst jumping and twirling in the air (I do this almost wherever I find myself). I feel like I need some sort of adventurous experience, but not at the expense of my personal safety or long-term stability.

If anyone has been in a similar situation and can speak from experience and/or offer valuable insight, well then, I eagerly await.
    Last edited by Scrawly; 01-07-2015, 01:44 AM.

If you have questionable health, running around the world where you might not be able to get health care is not a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      If you have questionable health, running around the world where you might not be able to get health care is not a good idea.
      Well the main issue is sleep deprivation due to interstitial cystitis and sleep apnea. It's not life threatening, just consistently annoying.

Comment

Comment

Me and my wife save about $200 per year by making our own washing detergent. It requires a large bucket and several ingredients to make it. If you want the recipe I can post it later.
          "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
          -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by T-Shirt Ninja View Post
            Me and my wife save about $200 per year by making our own washing detergent. It requires a large bucket and several ingredients to make it. If you want the recipe I can post it later.
            Thanks that might come in handy later on, but I think laundry detergent is a little lower on the list of priorities for me at this time..

Comment

Comment

Focus on others - be His servant wherever you go.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment