Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas, Jesse.

My favorite rendition of the song.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Not a song but.....
        The story of Christmas as told by the children of St Paul's Church, Auckland, New Zealand.
        Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
        1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          I dunno who these people are but the beatboxing wrecks the performance.
          Pentatonix. The two dudes in the hat are dating.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              [twisted sister]
              I'm shocked, shocked I say.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                I'm shocked, shocked I say.
                He is Bad, you know.

Merry Christmas, Jesse.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                  I knew I could count on you.
                  Glad I could help. You might like the history behind the song too:

In October 1962, the Soviet Union and the United States were involved in a crisis centered on missiles the Russians had installed in Cuba. The United States threatened military action if the missiles were not removed. The world trembled and prayed as these two nuclear powers stood eyeball-to-eyeball.

That October, as Noel Regney walked through the streets of New York, a sense of despair was in the air. No one smiled.

Regney had endured the horrors of war. He knew the fear and terror of being close to death. The safe and secure life he had built for himself in the United States was on the verge of ending.

“I had thought I’d never write a Christmas song,” he recalled. “Christmas had become so commercial. But this was the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis. In the studio, the producer was listening to the radio to see if we had been obliterated.

“En route to my home, I saw two mothers with their babies in strollers. The little angels were looking at each other and smiling. All of a sudden, my mood was extraordinary.”

A glimpse of these babies filled Noel Regney’s heart with poetry. The little ones reminded him of newborn lambs. Thus, the song begins, “Said the night wind to the little lamb....”

As soon as Noel arrived home, he jotted down the lyrics. Then he asked Gloria to write the music to accompany his words. “While walking down the street in New York, my mother heard trumpets playing the melody in her head,” explains Gabrielle Regney.

“Noel wrote a beautiful song,” Gloria said later, “and I wrote the music. We couldn’t sing it, through; it broke us up. We cried. Our little song broke us up. You must realize there was a threat of nuclear war at that time.”

http://www.americancatholic.org/Mess...7/Feature2.asp

Now read the whole article and try to listen to the entire song. Makes quite a difference, doesn't it?
                  Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 12-21-2014, 07:33 PM.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                    I have a story behind a song!!!!

One night in Moscow, Rudolph Balenko and his wife, Anna, were sipping vodka, looking out the window at the cold winter night.

Anna said, "Look, Rudolph, it's snowing".

Rudolph said, "No, Anna, that's rain".

She said, "it's much too cold to be rain, it HAS to be snow... or, at best, SLEET!"

Rudolph, indignant that his wife would be so stubborn, declared....

"Rudolph, the Red, KNOWS Rain, Dear!"

And one of the worlds most favorite Christmas songs was born.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      He is Bad, you know.
                      It's the bacon threads. They've twisted him, sister.

Merry Christmas, Jesse.

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

Now read the whole article and try to listen to the entire song. Makes quite a difference, doesn't it?
                      Some of us were taught to "duck and cover" in school.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      "Rudolph, the Red, KNOWS Rain, Dear!"
                      How come COMMIES always sound like TEXANS?

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                        'k

I hate you.

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I remember RTT's Christmas music nights on Pal Talk...good times...

Comment

That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Our days are getting longer. Today was 17 seconds longer than yesterday. You can really feel the difference.
                                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment