Merry CHRISTmas from Texas!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry CHRISTmas from Texas!!!!

OK, I'm getting really tired of the emphasis on "the Holidays" in place of "Merry Christmas".

It's not a HOLIDAY tree, it's a CHRISTMAS tree. (Yeah, call me a pagan) It's not "I'm Dreaming of a White Holiday" or "I'll be Home for Holidays".....

I just saw a Honda commercial where "Stretch Armstrong" says, "remember how pumped you were when you got me for the Holidays"? That sounds SO DUMB and "forced".

So.....

MERRY CHRISTMAS from Texas!

merry Christmas.jpg
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Happy Holy Day.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
      Happy Holy Day.
      And a very Merry Christmas to you, sir.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I make it a point to say "Merry Christmas" to people this time of year. Especially if they first say "Happy Holidays" to me.

If someone wished me a "Happy Chanukah" I would not be offended. So why should they be offended if I wish them a Merry Christmas? It just irks me when people are afraid to specify their religious holiday and keep it generic so as "not to offend" --- That is what offends me!

Of course, a lot of people do just think of this time of year as a "holiday" because they don't believe in anything. To them I wish "A generic day off off work with no religious connotations"

So.. Merry Christmas from Kentucky/Indiana.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I make it a point to say "Merry Christmas" to people this time of year. Especially if they first say "Happy Holidays" to me.

If someone wished me a "Happy Chanukah" I would not be offended. So why should they be offended if I wish them a Merry Christmas? It just irks me when people are afraid to specify their religious holiday and keep it generic so as "not to offend" --- That is what offends me!

Of course, a lot of people do just think of this time of year as a "holiday" because they don't believe in anything. To them I wish "A generic day off off work with no religious connotations"

So.. Merry Christmas from Kentucky/Indiana.
          When somebody (most notably a Walmart employee) says Happy Holidays to me, I very clearly say "Merry Christmas to you", and a lot of times they'll smile, and say, "yes, Merry Christmas". It's like they've been told they can't say Merry Christmas unless the customer says it first --- then they can.

Merry Christmas from Texas

Comment

My best friend is Jewish and celebrates Hanukah. So I wish him the appropriate holiday. If I don't know, I use Merry Christmas.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I only celebrate Kwanzaa.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                My best friend is Jewish and celebrates Hanukah. So I wish him the appropriate holiday. If I don't know, I use Merry Christmas.
                Yeah!

Merry Christmas from Texas, Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Yeah!

Merry Christmas from Texas, Bill.
                  Speaking of "bills".....

Texas actually has a Merry Christmas Law to protect teachers and individuals from frivolous lawsuits if they say Merry Christmas!

So, Merry Christmas from Texas!

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    I only celebrate Kwanzaa.
                    Well, Merry Christmas to you from Texas!

Comment

I had a great discussion with a postal worker the other day. She said merry Christmas to the person in front of me, who basically ignored her.

The PO wasn't busy, so when I was done, before she could say anything, I said, "thank you, and merry Christmas!".

She smiled and said it to me, and I then thanked her for saying it to the other fellow as well. She commented that she is so sick of the political correctness and that we are celebrating because of Christ's birth and she intends to say it to everybody whether they respond or not.

I agreed with her and told that is what I do every year.

It was quite refreshing.

So, a very joyous Christmas to you all from mild and sunny Alberta!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                        I had a great discussion with a postal worker the other day. She said merry Christmas to the person in front of me, who basically ignored her.

The PO wasn't busy, so when I was done, before she could say anything, I said, "thank you, and merry Christmas!".

She smiled and said it to me, and I then thanked her for saying it to the other fellow as well. She commented that she is so sick of the political correctness and that we are celebrating because of Christ's birth and she intends to say it to everybody whether they respond or not.

I agreed with her and told that is what I do every year.

It was quite refreshing.

So, a very joyous Christmas to you all from mild and sunny Alberta!
                        And a very Merry Christmas to you from Texas!

Comment

Merry Christmas!

Comment

I think MelMak wishes people the olde British "Happy Christmas", and throws in an added "merry New Year".

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              I think MelMak wishes people the olde British "Happy Christmas", and throws in an added "merry New Year".

'Appy Christmas, guv'nor. And a jolly good new year.
                              ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment