X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andius
    replied
    Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    What is? The turkey or cooking it? Turkey shouldn't be tough if cooked properly.
    Oh, the cooking process, or in my case, the learning process itself. And true true, when cooked properly, the meat will definitely not be tough (A process I had to learn the hard way). For example, insuring that the turkey would not be dry and tough in the taste texture was quite a challenge to overcome for me. It was the first time I prepared something so bundled with details and variables for a single dish. But it warmed the cockles of my heart the first time I pulled it off, and the folk were pleased (and relieved, heheheheh) with the meal I served that time. ^^

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied
    Originally posted by Andius View Post
    It was actually during a Thanksgiving where I learned to cook Turkey. And holy frijoles, It's surprisingly tough! 0.o;
    What is? The turkey or cooking it? Turkey shouldn't be tough if cooked properly.

Leave a comment:

• Kelp(p)
    replied
    Happy Thanksgiving to all, indeed!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    si

Leave a comment:

• Andius
    started a topic Dia de Gracias

Dia de Gracias

Amongst things worth imitating from neighbors up north, is Thanks giving.

Now to say why it resonates particularly (Food and Family.... as if it were a uniquely "Latino" thing ) with Latins, okay.... But it's not like it needs a reason either way, especially when said folks live in said territory, and naturally, will imitate and adapt the local customs, and a definate wonderfull custom it is!

Mixing up the recipes though, that is also the fun part (Tamales with Turkey = yum yum!)

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2012/11/22/...a-latin-twist/

It was actually during a Thanksgiving where I learned to cook Turkey. And holy frijoles, It's surprisingly tough! 0.o;