• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    yeah

When I can upload pics, I will have to post one of our yard a couple of weeks ago.
    Meanwhile, the fire is a'blazin in the fireplace.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied

When I can upload pics, I will have to post one of our yard a couple of weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Seriously, are you getting a lot of snow or whatever it is?

Absolutely not, Moss --- a very THIN covering of mostly frozen rain in very limited places... roofs of houses seem to catch a thin layer, and USUALLY it's gone by 10 AM or so when exposed to the sun.

I have ONE SPOT in my backyard where, possibly the wind swirled just right or something, and there's about a tenth of an inch of "whatever" (frozen sleet, probably), but if I take a picture of that and post it, it would be easy to assume the whole back yard is that way.

Here's one of my "snow" places...

snow.jpg

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Thank you, breathing is returning to normal. :whew!"

DRAT
    Seriously, are you getting a lot of snow or whatever it is?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    If it isn't gone by this time tomorrow, THEN you can panic!
    Thank you, breathing is returning to normal. :whew!"

DRAT

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    I have NEVER seen snow (frost/frozen stuff/ice) on my roof this late in the day) NEVER!
    If it isn't gone by this time tomorrow, THEN you can panic!

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    Us tough northerners know how to walk like penguins. It is a survival skill we need.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I have NEVER seen snow (frost/frozen stuff/ice) on my roof this late in the day) NEVER!

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    Don't slip!

Us tough northerners know how to walk like penguins. It is a survival skill we need.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Just took the garbage to the street --- windy, something wet (rain, sleet, something) falling, and temperatures dropping throughout the day.

BUT, yeah... sissies. SISSIES, I say! Oh, the shame of it all.
    Don't slip!

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    Ugh. We have had a week of mostly above freezing weather. Everything is slick as snot outside. Why can't it just stay between 15 and 20F - let's say -6 to -10 for you in the rest of the world.

We have had that for the past 2 weeks, GJ. And yes, icy like crazy, but the roads are dry, finally. Parking lots and sidewalks are horrible to walk on, and I fear for my brittle bones when I go out.

Turned cold again Sunday night. Went down to -25C (-13F) overnight, and the high yesterday was about -10C (14F). Windchill was much lower than that.

Supposed to be a high of -1C (30F) today, and back down to a high of -15C (5F) tomorrow. I hate the rollercoaster temps like this! Totally agree with you, Jed, that a nice steady temp of about -10C would be good. No risk of freezing rain, and the cars start without being plugged in.

And I am ever so thankful that we haven't had any fresh snow in at least 2 weeks! We really were running out of places to put it, although the melt we had has certainly reduced the piles a great deal.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Just took the garbage to the street --- windy, something wet (rain, sleet, something) falling, and temperatures dropping throughout the day.

BUT, yeah... sissies. SISSIES, I say! Oh, the shame of it all.

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    Ugh. We have had a week of mostly above freezing weather. Everything is slick as snot outside. Why can't it just stay between 15 and 20F - let's say -6 to -10 for you in the rest of the world.

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    Sissies.
    Amen. Where is that button.

Leave a comment:

• Catholicity
    replied
    Talk about the weather, cause we certainly can't do anything about it.

But, here we are, on the eve of "the big freeze", and people are going nuts!

Folks parked by the roadside selling firewood for $35 a small bundle -- probably equivalent to about $1000 a cord.

Gas stations have long lines out to the street.

Grocery stores are BUSY, people buying food in preparation, it would seem, for 2 months underground!

And this is TEXAS!!!! Supposed to get down to 28 with some freezing rain, and people are acting like it's the end of the world.

HOWEVER --- it's GREAT for the economy!!! Maybe that's why the weatherguessers do this occasionally --- they hype "the big freeze" in hopes of spurring on the economy, and pulling Obama's butt out of the fire.

Gee, I miss global warming.
    Freezing rain in Houston? So hell froze over huh?

Leave a comment: