News TEASES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News TEASES

I'm seeing more and more "teasing" on local news (Houston KHOU, KTRK and KPRC) --- anybody else experiencing this on your local news?

Instead of reporting "A house fire overnight killed three", it would be, "a house fire overnight caused problems... find out why when we return"...

"A local family is without a car this morning... stay tuned for details"....

"Big weather changes are in the works... find out more when we return"....

"Road rage erupts on I-59 in Montgomery County... find out how three truck drivers help apprehend the shooter...."

JUST THE FACTS, MA'AM, and STOP with the TEASING!!!!!

Also, an ongoing MUSTACHE CONTEST between news people....
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

It has been thus for many years, and getting worse.

Trying to boost watchers/listeners away from online stuff I suspect.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah, but I used to notice it BEFORE the newscast... now it's WITHIN the (alleged) newscast. And, yeah, it's almost like a contest between networks... "Eyewitness 3 was there EXCLUSIVELY to ask the incredibly stupid question ' how did you feel when your son was run over by that bulldozer ' "
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Yeah, but I used to notice it BEFORE the newscast... now it's WITHIN the (alleged) newscast. And, yeah, it's almost like a contest between networks... "Eyewitness 3 was there EXCLUSIVELY to ask the incredibly stupid question ' how did you feel when your son was run over by that bulldozer ' "
          Around here they've been doing it before every commercial break for many years. I quit watching the local news a few years back as it increasingly became about local gossip and not so subtle advertisements for upcoming events (plays, concerts, circuses...) and TV shows on that network.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The local news also advertises during commercial breaks in other shows. And sometimes in the middle of a show by running a HUGE banner across the screen that covers about half of it.

I don't watch much of any news anymore. Mostly interested in the weather, and they break it up throughout the hour long news show so that you have to watch the entire hour to get tomorrow's forecast.

I mostly look it up online. Or check into the weather network a couple of times a day. Or look out the window.

If something awful happens in the world, either my husband lets me know, or one or the other of my good friends calls me in a panic.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

The local news also advertises during commercial breaks in other shows. And sometimes in the middle of a show by running a HUGE banner across the screen that covers about half of it.

I don't watch much of any news anymore. Mostly interested in the weather, and they break it up throughout the hour long news show so that you have to watch the entire hour to get tomorrow's forecast.

I mostly look it up online. Or check into the weather network a couple of times a day. Or look out the window.

If something awful happens in the world, either my husband lets me know, or one or the other of my good friends calls me in a panic.
              Yeah

Comment

What I think about this topic, stay tuned to find out!

Comment

Pictures at 11!

Comment

Switching channel to Cartoon Network!

Comment

welcome back my post. Later I will tell you what I think about this topic, but first, here is Reed with the sports and weather!

Comment

Quite awhile back I noticed that they managed to cover the weather in 90 seconds on the radio but it took four 4 to 5 minute long segments on TV.

Comment

This! Their constant teasing for the ONE bit of news I was interested drove me to the internet. I still watch the news for breaking news and, yes, the car chases that seem to be SoCal's unique TV product.
                          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

And they wonder why we younger folk use the internet instead of tv for news?
                            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Have you ever noticed that the local news often runs the same stories at the same time on different channels? What's up with that? I was flipping channels through the news a few nights ago and all 3 local news programs were talking about the same story at the same time. And not just one story. several of them.

I think local news has become like radio stations. Everything is pre-programed and they just stick in different news anchors to cut between the stories.

I saw this on conan a while back and thought it was a good joke. But it is real. not only the same stories but pretty much at the same freaking time!

Comment