X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by CP
    And, again, if Jay had not told me about this before I told her, I would have thought maybe I was imagining this, because there was never anything "solid" or something at which I had a good hard look.
    And maybe the Holy Spirit was protecting your entire household from fear.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    I don't know. You are a believer, and maybe the Holy Spirit within you kept you from being afraid. Maybe the spirit was sent there to test your faith. I don't know.
    And, again, if Jay had not told me about this before I told her, I would have thought maybe I was imagining this, because there was never anything "solid" or something at which I had a good hard look.

Way back in 1987 I worked for several months in a toy store. They sold ouija boards. I had to dust them. I prayed that while I worked there that we would never sell any. And we didn't sell any. But I still had to dust them.
    I borrowed one from a friend once when I was a kid --- BOY my momma hit the roof and wanted "that thing" out of her house IMMEDIATELY!

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Because of other situations where there was DEFINITELY an "awareness" of evil.
    Maybe it was an angel.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    What makes you think you have some sort of special spidey-sense that alerts you to danger or ill-will when it comes to something like that?
    Because of other situations where there was DEFINITELY an "awareness" of evil.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    That's certainly a consideration, but to what intent? There was not even any sense of fear or ill will or danger...
    I don't know. You are a believer, and maybe the Holy Spirit within you kept you from being afraid. Maybe the spirit was sent there to test your faith. I don't know.

On the OTHER hand, my OTHER story has those elements.. where a person was purposefully engaging in supernatural activity, albeit just a lowly ouija board.
    Way back in 1987 I worked for several months in a toy store. They sold ouija boards. I had to dust them. I prayed that while I worked there that we would never sell any. And we didn't sell any. But I still had to dust them.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
    You had me at Ouija Board....
    Personally, I think playing with that kind of stuff -- and seances -- is an INVITATION to demonic activity.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    That's certainly a consideration, but to what intent? There was not even any sense of fear or ill will or danger...

On the OTHER hand, my OTHER story has those elements.. where a person was purposefully engaging in supernatural activity, albeit just a lowly ouija board.
    What makes you think you have some sort of special spidey-sense that alerts you to danger or ill-will when it comes to something like that? It could have been a demon, or it could have been a time-traveler coming to steal your bacon.

timetravel.jpg

Leave a comment:

• ke7ejx
    replied

You had me at Ouija Board....

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    I believe it is demonic activity.

Leave a comment:

• ke7ejx
    replied
    I think a question is, if we see some sort of spectre, could it be a daemon posing as a ghost?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I don't believe in ghosts. I think our spirits either go to be with the Lord, or wherever he sends some after they die. I don't believe they hang around on earth.
    Well, yeah, me too.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I don't believe in ghosts. I think our spirits either go to be with the Lord, or wherever he sends some after they die. I don't believe they hang around on earth.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Neither of us ever mentioned this to my wife. From my perspective, I didn't want her to be scared.

Subsequently, I was at dinner with wife, Jay and her husband, and she (Jay) brought up the topic. My wife, obviously, was clueless, and claimed she never knew anything about this.

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    Interesting.

Leave a comment: