• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catholicity
    replied
    Originally posted by Kelp(p) View Post
    Well, highly controversial science.
    That's true. Although, its an intriguing concept, when removing any Parapsychology and investigating claims in the realm of quantum physical ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Kelp(p)
    replied
    Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
    I've heard of that idea too. The Catholic Church has proposed that lost souls (between heaven and hell) may be the cause of such apparitions and then propositions of science has the idea that in places due to different magnetic pulls, minerals, etc, when something happens an "image" is taken and replays itself over and over and over again like a time loop.
    Well, highly controversial science.

Leave a comment:

• Catholicity
    replied
    I've heard of that idea too. The Catholic Church has proposed that lost souls (between heaven and hell) may be the cause of such apparitions and then propositions of science has the idea that in places due to different magnetic pulls, minerals, etc, when something happens an "image" is taken and replays itself over and over and over again like a time loop.

Leave a comment:

• Kelp(p)
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    In all seriousness, I have kept in my mind the possibility that whatever I saw was, indeed, something other than demon or angel, but I haven't a clue what that might be.
    None of us may ever know (until the New Earth, of course).

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Kelp(p) View Post
    There might be a third option. For all we know, God created spiritual beings that are neither angel nor demon and are just akin to animals or alien life forms.
    In all seriousness, I have kept in my mind the possibility that whatever I saw was, indeed, something other than demon or angel, but I haven't a clue what that might be.

Leave a comment:

• Kelp(p)
    replied
    There might be a third option. For all we know, God created spiritual beings that are neither angel nor demon and are just akin to animals or alien life forms. A lot of cultures believe in spirits that are neither harmful nor helpful to humans but just want to go about their own business, the Djinn in the Qu'ran for example (sentient beings who are neither angels nor demons, capable of accepting or rejecting Allah, and who rarely interact with humans). I'm not saying I endorse trying to contact them, of course. That's too big a risk.

--------

The closest things I've come to paranormal experiences are a lot more ambiguous. For example, once when I was in my room, I heard a guttural voice screaming my name that seemed to come from the downstairs living room and filled with a terrible, painful sense of dread that I've never really felt since. Buuuuuut, I'm notoriously bad at telling where sounds are coming from and there's an outside chance it was just my mom yelling at me to turn down my radio lol.

Likewise, at various points in my life, I've had what I like to call "microvisions." Translucent apparitions that intrude on my field of vision like floaters but are sometimes in color. Loathsome creatures with glowing eyes, a young black man only visible from the waste up floating beside the foot of my bed and then disappearing. I have no way to tell that these are not fatigue induced hallucinations, though, as I think I've experienced those as well.

Soooo, take all that with a grain of salt lol.

Leave a comment:

• ke7ejx
    replied
    Yeah, I just don't know.... and this is all Punkinhead's fault for reminding me about this.
    You're welcome!

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Why would a demon show up at CP's house and reinforce a belief in the supernatural in the age of unbelief?
    I believe that this is why demonic activity is not able to be documented.

Leave a comment:

• Catholicity
    replied
    Actually I can singlehandedly second and third CP's story. I've seen several things, several times, and yes, the idea of something "being there" only in my case it was a cat that we had put down, and I just thought I'd seen her sitting under a bush (her favorite resting spot) until two years to the day after she passed. And she'd disappear as soon as I'd look again. I'm not the only family member who'd swear she was there.
    My experiences with an evil entity have been FAR different.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Why would a demon show up at CP's house and reinforce a belief in the supernatural in the age of unbelief?
    From what I understand of demons, they are looking to inhabit a human body, because they are essentially disembodied spirits. There wasn't any indication, as I have said, of any threat, nor was there any "hasty retreat" --- more of a "form" fading into the background.

Angels, on the other hand, are never seen to be attempting to occupy or possess a human.

Leave a comment:

• mikewhitney
    replied
    ouija board

A friend of mine ( in his testimony how he was saved) mentioned that his family (when he was growing up) got successful bets on the horse races via the ouija board. And they were able to move a table lamp as if they were moving the ouija marker. I would figure there were some sort of unclean spirits behind this.

I always was interested in ghost stories when I was young. It is a bit interesting now -- but now I would be more curious how scriptures might inform us on this.
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 11-11-2014, 02:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    It could have been Moroni looking for the golden plates.

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    And maybe the Holy Spirit was protecting your entire household from fear.

Yeah, I just don't know.... and this is all Punkinhead's fault for reminding me about this.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Because of other situations where there was DEFINITELY an "awareness" of evil.
    Maybe it just comes and goes, this spidey-sense.

Or were you missing any bacon?

Leave a comment: