My Traffic Cop Rant!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Traffic Cop Rant!

So, I'm driving home from Church all by myself, cause wife stayed home with a cold or flu.

We had done Nursing Home Ministry, so I'm much later than usual, and I have to come through a part of town that is heavily traveled by people going to the Texas Renaissance Festival. (That additional traffic alone bugs me)

As I approach the intersection, the traffic lights have been set to "blink" instead of normal cycle, so they're blinking red. A traffic cop (either an auxilliary or volunteer - not a commissioned officer) is directing traffic, and is waiving me through to make my right turn. As I ENTER THE INTERSECTION to make my right turn, he is STILL waving me forward with one hand, then angrily throws his other hand up to have me STOP!

It was quite confusing, but I immediately stopped, almost causing the guy behind me to rear end me. The "cop" comes RUNNING at my vehicle screaming at the top of his lungs while STILL waving me through, but holding up the other hand "stop".

Something snapped inside me, and I threw my car door open and was trying to undo my seat belt, cause HE needed a whoopin!

At the same time, another officer - a REAL cop - who had been standing behind him came running over and grabbed the arm of the NOT real cop, and motioned to me to continue through the intersection, nodding his head "yes", as if to say "you were right".

I can only IMAGINE that this NOT real cop had had anger building up inside him from people not following his very confusing directions.

WE NEED CLEAR DIRECTIONS!!!!

End Rant
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, but he's CLEAR about what he's communicating!!!!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Rhode Island traffic cop
        When you've only got one intersection in the whole state, you have to make it special.

Comment