Sibling Rivalry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sibling Rivalry

Yesterday before dinner the wife was in the fridge and found a container of food coloring knocked over. I commented about how we were going to replace everything once we got rid of the kids and so I didn't care about the stain. My daughter took offense, and I was in a playful mood, so I had some fun. I explained that we were in the process of looking for the highest bidder for the kids. This went as expected, so I then said a friend of ours was offering to trade a tractor for her and her brother. Looks to kill.

Just getting warmed up I then asked my son if he'd trade his sister for a tractor. "No" was his quick response. I was a bit surprised so I asked if he'd trade her for two tractors. "No" was again his response.

At this point pride was welling up within me to think my son wouldn't trade his sister for anything. But I just couldn't quit so I asked what he would trade his sister for. He thought for a moment, then responded "A tractor battery."

Really? A $50 battery for the 12hp lawn tractor that has been sitting for a few years? Not a monster truck, not a million dollars, not the world's largest collection of Lego's--a simple battery?

So much for my parenting skills!
    No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Originally posted by supton View Post
    Yesterday before dinner the wife was in the fridge
    You store your wife in the fridge?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Next job: Convince them that they have to give YOU presents on THEIR birthday as a thank you for being born (my brother actually did that to his son one year..)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Next job: Convince them that they have to give YOU presents on THEIR birthday as a thank you for being born (my brother actually did that to his son one year..)
        One year my parents asked my brother what I wanted for my birthday. He gave them a list of things that he wanted and I had no interest in. Then for his birthday he again got what he wanted. So he essentially had two birthdays and I had none.

Yeah, I know. I should just let it go but I'm still pissed.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Give his kids a drum set. You'll feel better.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            One year my parents asked my brother what I wanted for my birthday. He gave them a list of things that he wanted and I had no interest in. Then for his birthday he again got what he wanted. So he essentially had two birthdays and I had none.

Yeah, I know. I should just let it go but I'm still pissed.
            That explains a lot about how you treat me.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              Give his kids a drum set. You'll feel better.
              And when he gets his drum set, hand him a pocket knife and say "I wonder what's inside that thing", and calmly walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                And when he gets his drum set, hand him a pocket knife and say "I wonder what's inside that thing", and calmly walk away.
                No, no, you do that when the kid is looking at Dad's new tires. You want nice, hole-free drum heads - especially if you don't live in the same neighborhood!
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment