I HATE talking on the phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I HATE talking on the phone

I don't know why it is, other than I much prefer to see facial expression, body language, other general reactions --- I'm good at talking to people face to face, but I HATE talking on the phone. I'm BAD about returning phone calls, but I'll text, email, send smoke signals....

Anybody else like this?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I'm like that too. Except for my wife and mother. If I want to talk to either of them and it's not possible to do in person I'd rather just do it over the phone. I'm not sure why, maybe I just feel comfortable enough.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Yeah
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Good thing you don't feel the same way about Tweb!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Still waiting for you to get a webcam and get on our google hangouts!

Comment

I'm the opposite - I'd rather hear a voice than see a text.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              I don't know why it is, other than I much prefer to see facial expression, body language, other general reactions --- I'm good at talking to people face to face, but I HATE talking on the phone. I'm BAD about returning phone calls, but I'll text, email, send smoke signals....

Anybody else like this?
              I'd rather talk to someone in person than on the phone and talk to them on the phone than write.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I don't like talking on the phone. I'd rather correspond by email or talk face to face.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

A major advantage to email is it eliminates the expectation for small talk.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    I don't like talking on the phone. I'd rather correspond by email or talk face to face.
                    yeah

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      A major advantage to email is it eliminates the expectation for small talk.
                      Sometimes a quick face-to-face talk can clear up issues much better than email exchanges, however.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Sometimes a quick face-to-face talk can clear up issues much better than email exchanges, however.
                        and there is less likely to be a permanent written record of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          and there is less likely to be a permanent written record of it.
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Much prefer face to face. Avoid telephone when I can.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                              Much prefer face to face. Avoid telephone when I can.
                              Do you ever communicate by typing stuff?

Comment