Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THREE Things About Graduation last night....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I stand corrected. The body was recovered this morning.

Source: KHOU TV-11

CONROE, Texas – Authorities say they have recovered the body of an 18-year-old who went missing in the San Jacinto River on Wednesday.

According to Montgomery County Precinct 4 Constable’s Office, the body of Jared Brimhall was found Sunday morning near Magnolia Bend just off FM 1314. This is about a half-mile south from where he was last seen.

© Copyright Original Source

That is very sad. Our next door neighbours lost their son over a waterfall in the mountain parks almost 2years ago. He has never been found.

Praying for the family of that graduate.

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    To my knowledge, he has still not been found.
    I stand corrected. The body was recovered this morning.

Source: KHOU TV-11

CONROE, Texas – Authorities say they have recovered the body of an 18-year-old who went missing in the San Jacinto River on Wednesday.

According to Montgomery County Precinct 4 Constable’s Office, the body of Jared Brimhall was found Sunday morning near Magnolia Bend just off FM 1314. This is about a half-mile south from where he was last seen.

© Copyright Original Source

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Secondly, and more seriously, it was one of those incredibly sad moments because one of the young men who SHOULD have graduated had been swimming in a nearby river three days prior to graduation, and was washed away in one of our characteristic "flash floods". His body had not been recovered by the time Graduation Morning arrived, so there was a solemn "moment of silence" at an appropriate time during the commencement. SO sad.
    To my knowledge, he has still not been found.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Workin on it, boss!
    Finally one of us got past the fifth grade! Mom would be so proud. Are you going to continue on with Middle Skewl?

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Workin on it, boss!
    Maybe Jake can tutor you.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    wow CP, did you finally graduate?
    Workin on it, boss!

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    wow CP, did you finally graduate?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    started a topic THREE Things About Graduation last night....

THREE Things About Graduation last night....

First, as we were preparing to enter the venue, there was a teenage girl outside in short shorts and a tank top, and her family gathered around her. We just happened to be there in time to hear her mother declare, "Daughter of mine, are you telling me you are NOT GRADUATING?"

Apparently, this girl allowed her parents to believe she was graduating RIGHT UP TO their arrival at the venue.

Secondly, and more seriously, it was one of those incredibly sad moments because one of the young men who SHOULD have graduated had been swimming in a nearby river three days prior to graduation, and was washed away in one of our characteristic "flash floods". His body had not been recovered by the time Graduation Morning arrived, so there was a solemn "moment of silence" at an appropriate time during the commencement. SO sad.

Finally, an interesting comment by the Class President during her speech.... "We are the first generation to receive a trophy just for showing up". She then expounded upon the need to "do something", rather than just expect things handed to you. EXCELLENT speech!

Just some thoughts.
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 06-01-2014, 09:33 AM.