Creepiest room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creepiest room?

I asked this question on facebook, but it got buried. I'm genuinely interested to know which room people find the creepiest.
    Attic
    12.50%
    Garage
    0.00%
    Basement
    37.50%
    Other
    50.00%

I'm going with basement, and here's why: One must descend. Basements are below ground. If something freaky happens to you while in a basement, there's no way out unless you can get one of those casement windows open, but you know it's going to be stuck, so you're basically doomed. Garages may be equally fortified by exterior walls or lacking in windows, but at least they don't feel like tombs!
    sigpic
    "...so encourage each other and build one another up." ~1 Thessalonians 5:11

Comment

I'm going Attic. None of these rooms appear in Clue, though, so at least you're not going to get killed with a candlestick in any of them.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by JardinPrayer View Post
        I'm going with basement, and here's why: One must descend. Basements are below ground. If something freaky happens to you while in a basement, there's no way out unless you can get one of those casement windows open, but you know it's going to be stuck, so you're basically doomed. Garages may be equally fortified by exterior walls or lacking in windows, but at least they don't feel like tombs!
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maS68s9jpYo

Comment

Heh...that wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting from you, Ivo! The Ramones are part of my history, as we're all from Long Island. Joey Ramone doesn't seem to be capable of pronouncing the word "basement," though. Glad they provided written lyrics. But, I agree with the sentiment wholeheartedly!
          sigpic

Comment

What if you don't really find any room in a house creepy and it really depends on the house?
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

The creepiest room I know is the Professor's Lounge.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                The creepiest room I know is the Professor's Lounge.

Awww...I miss the Prof's Lounge. I'm getting my intravarsity forum back...does that get me in?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JardinPrayer View Post
                  Heh...that wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting from you, Ivo!
                  Were you expecting something like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M-sAPobpfY

Comment

Or this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss_BmTGv43M
                    Last edited by I am Ivo, hear me roar; 01-20-2014, 11:55 PM.

Comment

The creepiest room in my house would be the pit under the basement.
                      I'm assured that it is the creepiest room in the house by the girl scout I keep there.
                      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by MehGerbil View Post
                        The creepiest room in my house would be the pit under the basement.
                        I'm assured that it is the creepiest room in the house by the girl scout I keep there.
                        Has she seen the other rooms? That room thats closest the garage is the one that gives me the beejeebers.
                        The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

The room Ivo is in...
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Trout View Post
                            Has she seen the other rooms? That room thats closest the garage is the one that gives me the beejeebers.
                            Oh, that... well, as I pointed out to you while you where here, despite appearances, none of them are actually alive.
                            Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by MehGerbil View Post
                              Oh, that... well, as I pointed out to you while you where here, despite appearances, none of them are actually alive.

sigpic

Comment