Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firestorm 2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Firestorm 2020

    Not that other states don't have problems...

    California is not only baking, she's burning from north to south. The fires here in SoCal are largely due to lightning and sparks etc...one is DEFINITELY arson. The smoke from most of those fires are rolling out to the ocean and apparently we are right in the migration path. I can't see the mountains for all the smoke. Because we're in the height of our summer temps, can't shut off the swamp cooler to avoid the smoke...

    Pics later...I'm hiding out at home.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

  • #2
    https://ktla.com/news/california/smo...e-image-shows/
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

    Comment


    • #3
      Does California get wildfires every summer? I hope they caught the arsonist.
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

      Comment


      • #4
        Praying. Be safe, DB.



        Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
          Does California get wildfires every summer? I hope they caught the arsonist.
          It is part of California's nature to have those fires especially here in the south. Due to mismanagement, however, the fires are frequently out of control. I understand that the Forest Service are finally being allowed to do controlled fires.

          Yes they caught the one arsonist. Arson is frequently the cause usually because they ignore the rules about campfires.

          This year, because of rains causing new growth and then no rains later making the bush dry...and then the heat wave and monsoon. Getting zapped by lightning didn't help matters and caused a great many of the fires this year.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

          Comment


          • #6
            Wow! I'm so glad I live in New England, good luck...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by seer View Post
              Wow! I'm so glad I live in New England, good luck...
              Well....I hear you may have a double hurricane heading yer way next week...
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

              Comment


              • #8
                Here's a pic from a FB friend:

                FB_IMG_1597975806587.jpg


                And that is SMOKE! No clouds today but it's been hazy all day.
                Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                  Not that other states don't have problems...

                  California is not only baking, she's burning from north to south. The fires here in SoCal are largely due to lightning and sparks etc...one is DEFINITELY arson. The smoke from most of those fires are rolling out to the ocean and apparently we are right in the migration path. I can't see the mountains for all the smoke. Because we're in the height of our summer temps, can't shut off the swamp cooler to avoid the smoke...

                  Pics later...I'm hiding out at home.
                  I was born and raised in Orange County and I remember the weather patterns quite well.

                  Funny, I picked this one up from AP. Dumbbell Newsom apparently is too stupid to know this sort of thing happens periodically in California and has nothing to do with Climate Change.

                  California Gov. Gavin Newsom says wildfires raging in his state should give pause to anyone who denies climate change.

                  Newsom spoke at the virtual Democratic National Convention on Thursday from a forest near California’s Central Coast after visiting a nearby Red Cross evacuation center.

                  More than two dozen major wildfires were blazing across California, blanketing cities and towns in smoke and putting tens of thousands of people under evacuation orders.

                  Newsom recorded the video after choosing to scrap the prerecorded video he originally recorded.

                  “I confess this is not where I expected to be speaking here tonight,” he said in a video recorded on a cellphone.

                  He added, “If you are in denial about climate change, come to California.”

                  Newsom criticized President Donald Trump for working to roll back vehicle emission standards meant to curb climate change and for threatening to withhold funding from California.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    By the grace of.God, I do have a portable AC unit. I dislike AC (dries one out in this already dry climate,and expensive to boot) but during our monsoonal season which usually is Aug - Sep it helps at night.
                    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Welp according to this report it's not much better tomorrow.

                      https://wildfiretoday.com/2020/08/20...ing-august-21/

                      Screenshot_20200820-213422_Facebook.jpg
                      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                        Well....I hear you may have a double hurricane heading yer way next week...
                        Those are heading my way - into the Gulf of Mexico, but who knows... they could veer NE or be strong enough to eventually reach New England.
                        "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Those are heading my way - into the Gulf of Mexico, but who knows... they could veer NE or be strong enough to eventually reach New England.
                          ☹☹☹☹ the way this year is going, who knows this side of Heaven.
                          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                            ☹☹☹☹ the way this year is going, who knows this side of Heaven.
                            I wonder if, in the future, it will be a common phrase, when something really tragic happens, "boy, that's so 20/20".

                            And, when future generations say "hindsight is always 20/20", will they think of this year?
                            "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              I wonder if, in the future, it will be a common phrase, when something really tragic happens, "boy, that's so 20/20".



                              Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              And, when future generations say "hindsight is always 20/20", will they think of this year?
                              No. They'll have genetically engineered or technologically augment (or both) eyes by then. 20/20 vision will be looked at as being half blind with people typically seeing at 200' what someone with 20/20 would -- and in low light conditions.

                              That or we'll all be sitting around campfires eating today's kill in some post-apocalyptic nightmare.


                              In the latter case people might even say things like "Man, those people back in 2020 sure had it great."

                              I'm always still in trouble again

                              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Andius, 11-23-2020, 03:16 PM
                              54 responses
                              169 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Juvenal
                              by Juvenal
                               
                              Started by Sparko, 11-10-2020, 10:14 AM
                              7 responses
                              39 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by Andius, 09-30-2020, 07:59 PM
                              19 responses
                              95 views
                              1 like
                              Last Post ReformedApologist  
                              Started by The Melody Maker, 04-06-2017, 10:23 PM
                              295 responses
                              58,347 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by seer, 10-26-2016, 09:35 AM
                              5,800 responses
                              355,551 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Working...
                              X