Baseball in the era of a pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball in the era of a pandemic

I'm half watching baseball in the background. It's eerie watching it being played in an empty stadium. The broadcaster is pumping in fake crowd noise which makes it seem somewhat more normal, but more strange at the same time. It's some semblance of normal, but knowing the season could be canceled at any time (one team is currently having an outbreak in its clubhouse) feels like an axe is being suspended overhead.

Still, it's better than watching marble racing.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

I tried to get into it. I LOVE baseball. But, I'm having a hard time with this.

It's just weird.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I tried to get into it. I LOVE baseball. But, I'm having a hard time with this.

It's just weird.
      I don't like the new rule where baserunners are automatically put on second base in the tenth inning. It seems gimmicky. But the game is really changing a lot, now with teams putting in "openers" to pitch the first inning. I understand the logic - you want your best reliever facing the batters at the top of the order when he's in, but it's weird.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

When I watch a ball game I watch it as a form of relaxation and maybe even a little bit of escapism. Since professional (and college) sports has become determined to turn their games into a political lesson I haven't watched a single minute and doubt that I will any time in the near future.

I mean my team is in the NL final playoffs but frankly I couldn't even give a rat's hind end.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment