Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correcting your college dictionarly - Holy Father.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correcting your college dictionarly - Holy Father.

Holy Father, n, 1. God the Father, the first person of the Trinity. 2. a title of the pope.

reference,
    Source: John 17:11,

And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we [are].

© Copyright Original Source

. . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Dictionarly?
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      Dictionarly?
      No, I did NOT write the Title for 37818!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm not sure what the point is. Are you disagreeing with giving the pope that designation?
        The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          No, I did NOT write the Title for 37818!

Who'd accuse you of such a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post

Who'd accuse you of such a thing?
            Yeah, I know.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
              I'm not sure what the point is. Are you disagreeing with giving the pope that designation?
              Yes.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                Current college dictionaries has for Holy Father,
                Holy Father, n, a title of the pope.

And this is besides any disagreement with that title. That is why this post was placed in the lobby.
                . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  Dictionarly?
                  Look up "Holy Father" in your college or unabridged dictionary.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    Yes.
                    It is true that I do disagree with addressing any church leader with the title of "Father." Let alone "Holy Father." My thinking is without changing peoples minds we can at the very least, correct the dictionaries.

Comment

Dictionaries describe how a word is used. Some people use the words that way so it will stay in the dictionary. Regardless of any truth or value.

Descriptive vs proscriptive.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment