X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Only you could get me to edit a smiley where you are bashing me into oblivion.
    And only you would do it for me while I bash you into oblivion.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    It does look better.

Thank you, dearest pirate of mine!

Only you could get me to edit a smiley where you are bashing me into oblivion.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Yes.

Also I got tired of that smiley having that large blank area at the bottom so I went ahead and edited it so it shouldn't flash anymore

It does look better.

Thank you, dearest pirate of mine!

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied

I can?
    Yes.

Also I got tired of that smiley having that large blank area at the bottom so I went ahead and edited it so it shouldn't flash anymore

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    You can install firefox on your ipad.

I can?

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I'll have to check on Firefox later.

It flashes really badly on my iPad.
    You can install firefox on your ipad.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    it doesn't flash black to me. Maybe you need a new browser.

I'll have to check on Firefox later.

It flashes really badly on my iPad.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I wish somebody would fix that smiley so it doesn't flash black and stuff.

It's quite annoying. And makes me want to smack someone.
    it doesn't flash black to me. Maybe you need a new browser.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    I wish somebody would fix that smiley so it doesn't flash black and stuff.

It's quite annoying. And makes me want to smack someone.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    and mossrose - I will let this speak for itself
    coward

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    You've met me.

and mossrose - I will let this speak for itself

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    I think it's impressive that he even bothers with cons anymore. Surely the guy doesn't need the money that badly, but it must be pretty easy gigs. I think he likes the attention, and knowing that people still want to see him. He's the type of actor who will probably work as long as he can breath just to know that people are admiring him still. Very vain, but it's probably part of what makes him such a unique actor. He's actually my favorite Star Trek actor I think, and I think his spats with Leonard Nimoy, if not justifiable, are at least somewhat understandable.
    I loved him in Star Trek - and I think even his "goofy parts" in the series were actually his 'good acting' - so maybe it crushed me when a friend of mine happened to be working on the set where Shatner was having Mike Wolfe and Frank Fritz (American Pickers) gather all the stuff for Shatner's home. He said Shatner was a total jackass, even though Mike and Frank treated him like royalty. It all looked good on the episode, I watched it, but my friend said Mike would often look pretty 'taken back', and seemed to be trying to "go with the flow".

But that's all second hand from a friend in Nashville.

Leave a comment:

• Adrift
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    He just seems like such a... I don't know... wretched person sometimes.
    I think it's impressive that he even bothers with cons anymore. Surely the guy doesn't need the money that badly, but it must be pretty easy gigs. I think he likes the attention, and knowing that people still want to see him. He's the type of actor who will probably work as long as he can breath just to know that people are admiring him still. Very vain, but it's probably part of what makes him such a unique actor. He's actually my favorite Star Trek actor I think, and I think his spats with Leonard Nimoy, if not justifiable, are at least somewhat understandable.

Leave a comment:

• Adrift
    replied
    I got a photo taken with Robert Englund of Freddy Kruger/Nightmare on Elm Street fame. Dude totally knew how to work a crowd. EXTREMELY charismatic, and as I awkwardly attempted to figure out how to pose with him and a pal of mine, he gave both of us friendly stage direction, and the photo came out great (I don't physically look that good in it, but that's not his fault). I got the sense he was performing, and so it might not be the same thing as meeting him in real life, but it seems like he really likes working the crowd.

Right before the Might Mighty Bosstones got somewhat popular, I made it onto their tour bus and played Nintendo with one of the band members.

Certain bands can be complete jerks or totally amazing. Michael Gira of the Swans shot me daggers when I asked for a poster behind him, not realizing that he didn't help sell his own posters, he only signed them. Dick Lucas of Subhumans and Ian MacKaye of Fugazi (popular bands in the underground punk scene) are extremely friendly. After playing really intense and long sets, they stuck around long after the show, and just mingled with the crowd, and tried to talk to as many people as they could. You can tell they just really love connecting with people, and are totally anti-big shot snobbery.
    Last edited by Adrift; 08-19-2019, 09:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by ReformedApologist View Post
    Not sure. But I can tell you I met William Shatner once at a Comi Con. He was not that nice of a guy, and he wanted $75 for an autograph.
    He just seems like such a... I don't know... wretched person sometimes.

Leave a comment: