X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    That's a good plan. Right now I've got 9mm, .45 ACP, and .44 mag (bought on a whim, but hoo boy is it fun to shoot).
    I seriously thought about acquiring a Smith & Wesson .500. Sure glad I fired one before deciding to invest in one.

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I'm trying to stay with specific calibers....

.22 because bullets are so CHEAP
    9 mil because they're so common
    .357 because it will shoot .357 or .38 ammo
    That's a good plan. Right now I've got 9mm, .45 ACP, and .44 mag (bought on a whim, but hoo boy is it fun to shoot).

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I've pretty much decided that the only time I'll ever sell one of my guns is if I'm selling it for the specific purpose of replacing it with another one. Otherwise, I'm holding onto them.
    I'm trying to stay with specific calibers....

.22 because bullets are so CHEAP
    9 mil because they're so common
    .357 because it will shoot .357 or .38 ammo

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    The plan was to buy and sell as the market would dictate, but so far, I've only sold one in 45 years. I guess that makes me more of a collector than a trader.
    I've pretty much decided that the only time I'll ever sell one of my guns is if I'm selling it for the specific purpose of replacing it with another one. Otherwise, I'm holding onto them.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I have a few of these, but I'm not sure I can call myself a collector of them.
    The plan was to buy and sell as the market would dictate, but so far, I've only sold one in 45 years. I guess that makes me more of a collector than a trader.

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    Handguns.
    I have a few of these, but I'm not sure I can call myself a collector of them.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Handguns.

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
    Sky-diving, hang-gliding, zip-lining (ok, did that twice), written a novel, chopped down a tree with an axe, composed a classical piano piece, flown a helicopter, went snorkelling in Alaska, helped conceive a child ()...those are the ones I can think of offhand. I want to go cage diving with great white sharks some day.
    Ah, ok. I thought that's what you meant.

Leave a comment:

• Carrikature
    replied
    Hmm...could you give an example?
    Sky-diving, hang-gliding, zip-lining (ok, did that twice), written a novel, chopped down a tree with an axe, composed a classical piano piece, flown a helicopter, went snorkelling in Alaska, helped conceive a child ()...those are the ones I can think of offhand. I want to go cage diving with great white sharks some day.

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I had a small collection of maps going but I think it ended up lost when I moved. I really love maps for some reason and whenever I visit a new state, I try to stop by the visitor center and see if I can get one of the state.
    How's that for irony?

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    I had a small collection of maps going but I think it ended up lost when I moved. I really love maps for some reason and whenever I visit a new state, I try to stop by the visitor center and see if I can get one of the state.

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
    I collect things I can say I've done once.
    Hmm...could you give an example?

Leave a comment:

• Carrikature
    replied
    I collect things I can say I've done once.

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    started a topic Collections

Collections

Alright, you nerds. Fess up.

Do any of you collect anything? What do you collect?

I collect...metal CD's. I'm beginning to have quite the pile, in fact, and some of them are quite rare ("quite rare" as in, I have probably a dozen or more albums that were strictly limited printings of 100 copies, and two that I can think of that were limited to only 50 copies). The day that I paid $65 for a particularly rare and sought-after (sought after by a tiny minority of metalheads, anyway ) album was the day I decided that I was, in fact, a collector.

What a nerd, eh?