DaVinci's Last Supper - fraud!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaVinci's Last Supper - fraud!!!

We had a Messianic Seder at our Church. The Jewish man serving as our "Rabbi" was quite entertaining, and he enlightened us as to what a FRAUD DaVinci's Last Supper is!

Bascially, it went like this....

So, my wife and I got to visit Italy, and actually were permitted in the very room where DaVinci's Last Supper is on display.
    First thing I notice is the windows behind Jesus, and it's DAYLIGHT! So, it's not a supper, it's a LUNCH!
    Next thing I notice is the bread is puffy - not Matza, which is flat - it's ITALIAN bread, not Jewish Bread!!!
    Next thing I notice is what's the main course -- is FISH, not lamb!!! It's CATHOLIC meal, not Jewish!!!

So, it should NOT be called "The Last Supper" - it should be called "The Last Italian Catholic Lunch!"

I'm convinced.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    We had a Messianic Seder at our Church. The Jewish man serving as our "Rabbi" was quite entertaining, and he enlightened us as to what a FRAUD DaVinci's Last Supper is!

Bascially, it went like this....

So, my wife and I got to visit Italy, and actually were permitted in the very room where DaVinci's Last Supper is on display.
    First thing I notice is the windows behind Jesus, and it's DAYLIGHT! So, it's not a supper, it's a LUNCH!
    Next thing I notice is the bread is puffy - not Matza, which is flat - it's ITALIAN bread, not Jewish Bread!!!
    Next thing I notice is what's the main course -- is FISH, not lamb!!! It's CATHOLIC meal, not Jewish!!!

So, it should NOT be called "The Last Supper" - it should be called "The Last Italian Catholic Lunch!"

I'm convinced.
    Da Vinci had photoshop?

Oh, wait. You mean it isn't a photograph? It's a painting?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Also, they reclined, not sat on chairs.

And it wasn't like television where everybody sits on one side so that they can face the camera.

And men wore beards.

As for daylight, the seder wasn't supposed to take place until after sunset.
      When I Survey....

Comment

let's take a look. Here is a high res restoration:

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
          Also, they reclined, not sat on chairs.

And it wasn't like television where everybody sits on one side so that they can face the camera.

And men wore beards.

Mel Brook's History of the World Part I explained that

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
            Which is why our "Rabbi" calls it a "lunch".
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't see any fish.

Comment

On a less serious note, here's some interesting info about the actual painting...

Including 10 facts you didn't know (6 of which I knew )

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  I don't see any fish.
                  It's either fish or eel.

Comment

let's take a look. Here is a high res restoration:

That sure looks like a woman at his right side.
                    00000000000000ab000-00a.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]37834[/ATTACH]
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]37834[/ATTACH]
                        Lots of speculation about that! I've seen it claimed that this was John, with whom Jesus had an improper relationship, or that it was Mary Magdalene, to whom he was married.

Comment

And THIS guy looks like he just picked a booger!

boober.jpg

Comment

I don't see any fish.
                            fish or eel.jpg

Definitely not lamb. And "puffy" rolls, not Matzo. And that "knife" looks more like a Sword, Dundee!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              And THIS guy looks like he just picked a booger!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37835[/ATTACH]
                              It was this finger that he had me pull before letting loose with the most malodorous of emissions

Comment