Content from the Old TWeb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Content from the Old TWeb?

Is there any way to retrieve content from the old TWeb somehow? I tried searching for a post on the wayback machine, but unfortunately the thread I was searching in hadn't been completely archived before the crash. Here's the thread for anyone interested:

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http:/...Horribly-Wrong

Pages 1-10 and 55 are properly archived, while the rest yield either a 404 message (suggesting they were archived after the crash), or a message telling me that the page in question has not been archived.

So, if there is even the slightest chance that someone might have archived the thread in it's entirety, or even some of the pages that the wayback machine didn't manage to get, I'd be thankful if they could send it my way.

I can find very little in the Wayback machine.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I find a lot...but not always intact.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Does anyone know if they were able to save anything at all from the hard drives, or did they lose absolutely everything?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
          Does anyone know if they were able to save anything at all from the hard drives, or did they lose absolutely everything?
          Unfortunately, they lost everything, at least in my understanding. Apparently a few people did save some stuff on their own hard drives though. I think Teal had some stuff from the pre-crash TWeb.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            Unfortunately, they lost everything, at least in my understanding. Apparently a few people did save some stuff on their own hard drives though. I think Teal had some stuff from the pre-crash TWeb.
            It's too bad then. Maybe if I'm lucky someone has a copy of the relevant thread stored on their hard drives, but I'm not very hopeful.

Comment

what was in the thread that you want?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                An epic whag/Tassman train wreck, from the looks of things.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...ll=1#post50297

I was responding to mattbballman31 in the above thread, and recounted how I exposed Tassman on the old TWeb when he quoted a deceptively edited passage from one of the reasonablefaith.org Q&A articles (http://www.reasonablefaith.org/slaug...the-canaanites <--- this is the one, I believe) in order to paint William Lane Craig as morally deplorable. I said I wouldn't bother to find the post in question, but my curiosity got the better of me, and I changed my mind.

I'm not even sure if the thread I linked to in the OP is even the right thread, though I'm fairly certain that it is. It could have been in one of the other threads discussing alleged OT genocide, but I'd say the most likely candidate is the thread archived at: https://web.archive.org/web/*/http:/...Horribly-Wrong

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    so probably a good thing it is gone then.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      It didn't only look like an epic whag/Tassman train wreck, that was exactly what it was.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't see that one so I don't have it. I don't have a lot of threads archived - and right now I can't get at the ones I did have.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment